Search results

1. Martijn Mensink

Genelec 8351b + W371 vs KII Three BXT. Help me..!!

Actually, yesterday Dutch & Dutch turned ten!
  2. Martijn Mensink

Dutch & Dutch 8c Longevity?

Hey there, Your concerns about investing in high-end speakers like the Dutch & Dutch 8c are completely valid. Longevity is indeed a crucial factor to consider, although predicting the precise lifespan of any tech remains challenging. To provide insight into durability, Dutch & Dutch...
  3. Martijn Mensink

The Florida International Audio Expo 2024

Before the internet era, the predominant sales model for global audio manufacturers was vertical, with the manufacturer at the top, selling products to importers/distributors, who then supplied a network of dealers, ultimately reaching the end customers. While this model still exists, we now...
  4. Martijn Mensink

The Florida International Audio Expo 2024

Hi Bjorn. I don't usually respond directly to posts like yours in this thread. However, you are using private information you received as a prospective dealer to attack a now competitor on a public forum. It's an unwritten rule that discount percentages disclosed in private communication...
  5. Martijn Mensink

Dutch & Dutch 8c Review

Hi RustyGates, I'm sorry to read you're having issues with your new 8c's. First with the firmware, and then with streaming. The 8c's firmware is constantly being improved. Right now we're at release 2.4. You said that your brand new pair of 8c's was on 2.1 when you received them. I don't...
  6. Martijn Mensink

Dutch&Dutch add ‘uBacch’ to their 8C active loudspeaker

That's great, bananasareyellow! I recognize what you're saying, also about the kind of phasey sound with some recordings. I have to say though, that as I've listened to BACCH more, that feeling went away mostely, except for some recordings with hard-panned left and right content. Switching back...
  7. Martijn Mensink

Two REW FR EQ'd sweeps - which would you choose

muslhead, I agree with the other posters who said it's hard to judge these curves without any context. Both 8c's are playing during the measurements, but it seems that the mic position is not the same for both measurements. In both measurements there's evidence of interference between the left...
  8. Martijn Mensink

Dutch&Dutch …

Agreed. We're working on making it possible to put more than two speakers in a "room". The linear-phase mode does indeed add about 32 ms of latency. Unfortunately, there's nothing we or anybody else could do about that, except perhaps for reducing the crossover filter order from 4th order to a...
  9. Martijn Mensink

Amir's 2023 Pacific Audio Fest Report Day 2

Amir, thank you for taking the time to thoroughly listen to the 8c's. I'm very pleased with your impressions of them! I hope you'll allow me to briefly call attention to our new US distributor, Dutch & Dutch North America, because they really deserve it. Dutch & Dutch has been active in the US...
  10. Martijn Mensink

When I'm just listening for the enjoyment of the music, I don't turn it off either.
  11. Martijn Mensink

Love the tautology :cool:. Would you mind explaining? The reason we're considering a subscription is that in its current implementation, we're dependent on other services to be able to provide the BACCH technology to users. In its current implementation, uBACCH works with the 8c's streaming...
  12. Martijn Mensink

That's right. uBACCH for the 8c's is basically a 3rd party plugin. The software is owned by BACCH Labs, implementation is the result of the joint efforts of developers from both companies. It's going to be an optional one-time purchase, or perhaps a subscription-based model. We're still...
  13. Martijn Mensink

Dutch & Dutch 8C - Firmware V2.2 (Spotify Connect)

Try Liedtke Design stands. They look nice and are competitively priced: https://www.facebook.com/speakerstand.de/posts/pfbid037X2RrFh3WDqosHhkT1Eju4PYPfuffxV8GLhSnAkoWAMXq9q6xJuvtU4Njm6CCffLl
  14. Martijn Mensink

Dutch & Dutch 8C - Firmware V2.2 (Spotify Connect)

Firmware 2.3 has been released: https://support.dutchdutch.com/release-notes-d-d-8-series-firmware-2-3/ The biggest changes are bug fixes in REW interfacing and an option to set a fixed volume level for the physical input (AES3 or analog), in order to use it with an external volume-controlled...
  15. Martijn Mensink

$30K Budget - On the quest for my "end game" speaker

Setting a fixed volume for the analog input is indeed a useful feature. The 8c currently doesn't have it. Customers have complained about this. The good news is, that the 8c has a full-blown Linux computer on board. This enables us to keep improving the 8c, and to keep adding functionality...
  16. Martijn Mensink

You're raising some interesting points. Please allow me to explain why I think having the 8c's woofers close to the midrange driver has some benefits first, then I'll address some downsides and ways around it. Having the bass drivers close to the midrange driver has some advantages because the...
  17. Martijn Mensink

Thanks for the kind words. Unfortunately, I'm afraid I don't know which person I met at AXPONA corresponds to your forum username. The new speaker is still a lot of work, but I presume it will be done before this thread hits 250 pages :p.
  18. Martijn Mensink

The 8c's magic boils down to three things: extended bass response, very smooth listening window response, constant directivity down to below the Schroeder frequency of most rooms. On paper, the ported 8m seemed like a close second to the 8c. Its bass was almost as deep, the response in the...
  19. Martijn Mensink

I wholeheartedly agree with this. I'm currently working on expanding the Dutch & Dutch portfolio of speakers, both down and up in price. The bigger one will be a lot more expensive, a lot bigger, and a lot louder than the $15k 8c. But it's quite a challenge to significantly improve the things...
  20. Martijn Mensink

Axpona 2023, my show report

Thanks for stopping by and the nice writeup, scrubb. I'm glad you liked the sound in our room. And, as promised, I'll try to be a bit more active here :D. By the way, did you check out the BACCH room? Our neighbors at the show. Really impressive!
Back
Top Bottom