Search results

1. nicalexx

Replace resistor by low-inductance resistor - Is it audible?

Then why do we have step response, impulse response, oscillation analysis, etc...? (Please don't answer) I feel we're going into arguing about semantics here, and I'd rather just step away before we completely and utterly misunderstand each other x
  2. nicalexx

I understand that we have limitations in the real world, maybe I assumed that people would have understood this with what I stated, I obviously assumed too much on your part, I'm sorry! However, I wasn't going for a change in frequency response, but I don't have the capacity to change from...
  3. nicalexx

Thank you, I understand that I picked out the minutia in your testing, but I appreciate the time you took in doing this :)
  4. nicalexx

Correct, but both representations give different viewpoints from the other, otherwise we would only have one representation if they were the same.
  5. nicalexx

Yes I am, a square wave and an impulse test on both would've shown more of a difference in inductance rather than solely frequency domain.
  6. nicalexx

Good work, but I'd suggest doing some time domain tests as well, as you've only covered frequency domain.
  7. nicalexx

DIY magnetic floating stands on spikes

I think I may have overestimated my costings and doubled what it actually cost. So, looking at it, it seems more like £25 per stand and the magnets being the highest cost at just under £12 per stand. My apologies for getting carried away with the numbers!
  8. nicalexx

Duly noted.
  9. nicalexx

Ah ok, not even aware of that article! And while I understand your concern for rigidity, I have heard a noticeable improvement from being on dense foam blocks.
  10. nicalexx

It’s not wiggling around unless I give it a good nudge. The idea was to decouple it further from my desk.
  11. nicalexx

The stand is loading a HS50m, which is 5.8kg. Magnets are N50 neodymium.
  12. nicalexx

This is a project I've been wanting to do for a while now, funds and time have prevailed recently, so I bit... Hopefully you can see from the photo the construction of the stand, it's very simple, and you can get all the parts from eBay for around £100 £50 for both stands (£50 £25 each). Only...
  13. nicalexx

Yamaha HS5 Powered Monitor Review

Thanks for the review! I have a pair of HS50m's, a previous iteration to the HS5's, which I have modified over the years. Changed the transformer to a toroidal one, snipped the wire for the limiter, taken the grill off the tweeter (quite fatiguing with it on tbh), and put a linear phase EQ...
Back
Top Bottom