Search results

1. Hayabusa

I thought i share my tinkering with DIY planar magnetics for a change

Ik kan het daar helemaal mee eens zijn!
  2. Hayabusa

Man, it is damn hot still!

our weather forecast for today:
  3. Hayabusa

Does Phase Distortion/Shift Matter in Audio? (no*)

First impression would be that the phase variations you see from a speaker are way smaller than the variations caused by reflections, we are talking microseconds v.s milliseconds here..
  4. Hayabusa

XLR cable conductor area matters?

even with 800pF and 200 ohms output impedance your -3dB is at 1 MHz....
  5. Hayabusa

XLR cable conductor area matters?

Short answer: no
  6. Hayabusa

Constant Beamwidth Transducer (CBT) Speakers

You ask me? it will do midrange also..
  7. Hayabusa

pt6825 would be good for >200Hz https://www.parts-express.com/GRS-PT6825-8-8-Planar-Mid-Tweeter-8-Ohm-272-126?quantity=1
  8. Hayabusa

you need a minimum grid distance between the drivers to make it work well, I guess the KEF drivers are to large for that
  9. Hayabusa

Should you use Fletcher-Munson loudness compensation?

Audyssey makes a new curve for each 0.5 dB volume step and the 4 levels are indeed offsets of the reference level that should be pretty precise for reference level material Each step of 5 dB in offset will cause much smaller deltas in the corrections than that 5 dB, so I think you can be quite...
  10. Hayabusa

Should you use Fletcher-Munson loudness compensation?

no, then you have to change them every time you change the volume. the loudness (if implemented right) switch should give you a volume dependent frequency curve adjustment. (just like dynamic eq with audyssey)
  11. Hayabusa

Check my math please?

These are 4 ohm, so you can't put them in parallel to get to your 89.8dB
  12. Hayabusa

Extreme Snake Oil

haha, so it is grounding the ground connector better than the minus wire does? Let's say it works.. :facepalm:what about a bridged output then?
  13. Hayabusa

Shouldn't we upgrade the 20-20 audible range ?!

its all about the viewing distance at 4m 1080 vs 4k for 65inch is a tough one to see...
  14. Hayabusa

Keith_W DSP system

Or better: use a calibrated mic like the minidsp UMIK
  15. Hayabusa

Keith_W DSP system

This definitely not the case! Please do the 1000Hz sine wave test and set the level of the generator and the sweep the same
  16. Hayabusa

Keith_W DSP system

So SPL 76dB registered with what signal ? white noise? How did you verify your sweep was at 76? You can do this by playing a 1000Hz with the same level setting as the sweep...
  17. Hayabusa

Keith_W DSP system

I think you better use white noise, it has peak to average ratio of around 6dB (this means the peaks have 4 times more power than average) so if you have this level set, what level comes your sweep out?
  18. Hayabusa

Cheap cable raisers, do they make a difference ?

Maybe if you have 50kv/100amps power line in your floor.......
  19. Hayabusa

Shouldn't we upgrade the 20-20 audible range ?!

no, this picture was one the first ones trying to cover the frequency ranges, only after that more pictures came with harmonics...
Back
Top Bottom