Search results

1. R

Bass Shaker/Tactile Transducer performance measurements

Oh, and I wrote all this for work, so I can't hand out the code, but I did post my FFT library for the M5StickC on hackaday a while back. https://hackaday.io/project/176110-multibot-cnc-v2/log/205919-good-vibrations It is possible you could use a contact microphone to quantify bass shaker...
  2. R

Here is some sample raw data from my test, before processing. This is on the Clark TST239 transducer, with a fairly weak input signal. The graph is the FFT from my M5StickC transducer. I'm driving it with 20 pure tones from 10-200 Hz. You can see at this point that there is not a lot of noise...
  3. R

From my limited set of shakers I would use the ButtKicker Advance if your goal is low frequency vibration. The Dayton BST-300EX is a good close second if you are on a budget. The larger ButtKicker LFE is sluggish, in my experience, and has poor higher frequency response, although it can make...
  4. R

These are unloaded. They are on a 3 point hanging rig that lets the shaker resonate freely without any impedance from the mount. It is similar to measuring a speaker outside of its cabinet in an anechoic chamber. I have setups to measure the vibration on my chair, and on a test platform with...
  5. R

I did this using a 200 watt 8 ohm dummy load (its a bit small for full power) and my cheap digital multimeter. I was able to come up with a formula that approximates the output voltage for a given input dB. However it falls apart at the ends (mostly the top end) and of course the signal I'm...
  6. R

As part of my job I make audio effects that drive bass shakers and haptics for a video game. In order to do the best job I can, I wanted to develop a way to measure the performance of different transducers to both better understand there performance and to try and find an 'ideal' shaker to...
Top Bottom