Search results

1. T

Marantz AV10 with external SMSL SU10 sounds worse....thoughts?

Not when you're the only one on the receiving end :D But I guess some are into that
  2. T

Marantz AV10 with external SMSL SU10 sounds worse....thoughts?

> no room correction > completely sighted > no volume matching It's like you're setting yourself up for a bias orgy
  3. T

How Much Subwoofer Is Enough?

When you play at max output from your preamp into your amps and then speakers, in most cases that would be around 100ish dB at the listening position unless you have high output speakers, and you have zero audible compression in bass, all the whilst having a +20dB bass boost, then you have...
  4. T

MiniDSP Flex HTx

2Vrms, since I use the 2x4HD currently. I don't have a single "home use" amp in my setup, the closest to that would be my subwoofer plate amps. The speakers in my setup are Neumann KH120A and Kali IN8-v2. Gain staging or not, with 2Vrms I lose ~6dB of headroom going 4Vrms into 2Vrms inevitably...
  5. T

MiniDSP Flex HTx

I guess I wasn't. My mistake, I apologize. What a disappointment, then, on both ends (mine and the AVRs). I wasn't aware consumer audio sucked this much The hiss I mention is completely unrelated to the signal chain and is simply from the studio monitors at a higher gain setting on their amp.
  6. T

MiniDSP Flex HTx

I guess you have some point, but AFAIK even mid-level Denon receivers do 4Vrms on their pre outs, and that is on unbalanced. And I guess we as consumers buying such products enable them to continue doing so. Regardless, I think it's a shame MiniDSP has balanced audio levels comparable to a...
  7. T

MiniDSP Flex HTx

to get the levels I want, I need to have +6dB gain on all my monitors and subwoofers. I can hear the hiss from the Kalis in a quiet night, and I can hear some noise from one of my subs that I already returned because it used to be even worse. do you know what happens when you accidentally clip...
  8. T

MiniDSP Flex HTx

still looking for an option that doesn't cost too much, because I'm looking for something that would do closer to 12Vrms, I have a lot of planning to do with my signal chain upgrades this year but even behringer umc1820 has higher levels than any minidsp, just a lot of software fiddling with...
  9. T

MiniDSP Flex HTx

it's such a shame MiniDSP only do 2Vrms on unbal and 4Vrms on balanced, those are literally bottom barrel budget audio interface levels
  10. T

What was your best (and worst) audio purchase for the dollar?

Worst: Yamaha HS8S subwoofer Best: UMIK-1
  11. T

Can anyone explain the vinyl renaissance?

It's just cool. The loudness wars is perhaps the most overblown issue in the history of audio, I don't believe for most people this is actually important. (Nor should it be) I think more people, as few as there are, are feeling more nostalgic towards the more intimate nature of physical media...
  12. T

McIntosh MC462 Stereo Amplifier Review (by ErinsAudioCorner.com)

Now I am curious what other high end amps deliver in such droves on the performance end!
  13. T

Serious Question: How can DAC's have a SOUND SIGNATURE if they measure as transparent? Are that many confused?

Getting audiophiles to listen to their ears rather than their ego is like getting an astrology girl into actual science and the scientific method
  14. T

Do CD players sound different to each other?

MiniDisc and compact cassette deserve to make a comeback!
  15. T

Tekton M-Lore Speaker Review

You started this. Don't try to pull this nonsense "we are all x and y". No, we are clearly not like minded. You accuse people without proof, while saying there is proof, the proof is obvious and doubtless, yet is absolutely never presented. Too bad that there are people who aren't willing to...
  16. T

Bah! Those scientists and researchers, with their "controlled tests", "matched volumes" and whatnot, what do they understand about good sound? CEA? IEC? AES? OMG! WTF! BBQ! Y'all "objectivists" can't hear the music for the sound! How was that? I'm practicing
  17. T

what is more important to a speaker - on axis, or off axis response? There is a right answer to this.
  18. T

Are you? You go after reviewers, threaten them, as soon as they post objective measurements of your speakers. You ignore them if they contact you before publishing results to ensure they're correct, so you outright ignored the chance to point out the flaw of your design in a peaceful manner...
  19. T

is this what you meant? This isn't outright terrible, sure, if you assume they cost no more than 1/5 of their actual asking price. Let's look at how a 1/3 cheaper speaker fares here: Oh Oh my Maybe Tektons are for those who appreciate an off axis response with a bit of "random" flare?
Top Bottom