Search results

1. M

Master Preference Ratings for Loudspeakers

Mine is from my own data, but while I do post the scores in the reviews, I haven’t updated by spreadsheet in over a year, especially as Pierre’s site is much more professional that what I’m doing: https://www.spinorama.org/
  2. M

‍In their database? No clue. Unless it’s a waveguided speaker (which usually has issues directly on-axis), there shouldn’t be a huge discrepency.
  3. M

Out of everyone I know who does the score, the regular score is usually identical within 0.2, the with subwoofer scores are usually identical within 0.4. That’s more than enough precision that it doesn’t matter whose scores you look at.
  4. M

The one on this site? Well I have nothing to do with that. On my site, I just stopped as Pierre is doing his and is more dedicated.
  5. M

I see those models (at least the 3 I checked): https://www.spinorama.org/
  6. M

Etymotic ER4XR IEM Review

Disappointing that a model specify marketed as having extra bass just has a flat response. Though maybe using their flanged tips with deep insertion would help this.
  7. M

YONGSE Y01 Balanced Headphone Adapter Review

I see that (when I am in private mode and logged out of AliExpress) for 3.5mm, I see $4.49 for 4.5mm.
  8. M

Nubert NuVero 60 Speaker Review

Preference Rating SCORE: 5.2 SCORE w/ sub:6.8 Sensitivity: 84.2dB (300Hz-3kHz ; spec: 86dB) Frequency response: +/- 2.8dB 80Hz-20kHz Link to all graphs/data
  9. M

KZ Castor Harman Target IEM Review

Not amazing, but what is is the fact that you can get this shipped to your house across the world for <$20 and the sound is passable.
  10. M

KZ Castor Harman Target IEM Review

That’s the “Harman improved bass“ version for $16, which is black, your’s is silver which is just “Harman’ and is $13 ($14 with mic). Here’s that graph:
  11. M

Mechano23 Open-source DIY Speaker Review

Preference Rating SCORE: 5.6 SCORE w/ sub: 8.0 Sensitivity: 85.2dB (300Hz-3kHz) Frequency response: +/- 4.5dB 80Hz-20kHz
  12. M

Speaker Sensitivity: Advertised vs Measured

You can see in my other comments that many manufacturers do it differently. The most modern standard is 300Hz-3kHz anechoic, but some do 1kHz and others in-room. And of course many don’t outright state what their parameters are.
  13. M

Revel F206 Tower Speaker Review

Preference Rating SCORE: 5.6 SCOEW w/ sub: 7.5 Sensitivity: 87.6dB (300Hz-3kHz ; spec: 88dB) Frequency response: +/- 2.8dB 80Hz-20kHz Link to all graphs/data
  14. M

Tekton style like tweeter array good idea?

Just to address this issue, if all the “midrange” tweeters are the same as the main tweeter, you can do a large bulk order and many places offers discounts on a sliding scale (10-100, 100-1000, 1000+).
  15. M

Tekton M-Lore Speaker Review

I think this thread should just be frozen/locked, it’s not going anywhere (almost every recent comment could be merged into the thread about litigation).
  16. M

Spending big bucks on HiFi Audio

I think a big divide comes from what people think it should cost. For instance, show a couple people a picture of the Focal Grande Utopia EM Evo and I’d wager most people won’t guess over $5k despite it retailing for $280k. Even going more realistic and sane, if you show them a Revel F208...
  17. M

Ascend Sierra-1 V2 Speaker Review

Yeah, as someone who computes the scores you can easily see how just a difference in directivity changes the score a decent bit. I‘d say for a traditional speaker, +/- 2 or thereabouts as a margin like be considered (meaning don't discount a speaker that scored a 5 in favor of one that’s a 7...
  18. M

MSRP is $998 per pair, 2 of the 4 finishes are available for $948 per pair.
  19. M

It’s a near-field and non-anechoic measurement I believe; all that matters is relative difference though.
Top Bottom