Search results

1. R

SMSL D-6 DAC Review

SU-6 is highlighted instead of D-6 in the SINAD graph of the review. I chose to get SU-6. One of the reasons is that D-6 has plexiglass (PMMA plastic) display and I was worried about scratches. SU-6 has tempered glass display.
  2. R

SMSL SU-9 Balanced DAC Review

I had to return mine to Audiophonics because it was distorting at full volume. The right channel very badly. They sent me back (free postage) a new unit with no problems up to now. Both new and old units are/were supposedly firmware updated. Audiophonics seem quite reliable as sellers but I...
  3. R

Do you need the xlr outputs? I had a similar problem (intermittent sound - but no static) with the optical input in a tv and I fixed it by increasing DPLL to 10.
  4. R

SU-9 has a "PLL" menu option.
  5. R

If it helps someone: I connected the su9 via optical to a samsung tv and the sound was intermittent. I started increasing the PLL value and when it reached to 10 the problem stopped.
  6. R

I still need advice for desktop audio

Minipods at a discount now + extra 10% discount when subscribed in newsletter. Good looking - Yes (subjective - Three colours to choose from) Smaller preferred - Yes Front volume control - They have remote control Appropriate inputs for computer use - Yes (Bluetooth, Optical, Aux in) - No usb...
  7. R

I don't have the dragonfly nor the da9 so I can't really answer if indeed the dragonfly sounds louder than the su9 (which it probably shouldn't). Maybe the dragonfly distorts bass and that is why is perceived as louder. Maybe su9 is faulty. In my setup the SU-9 is excellent in sound quality and...
  8. R

The Elac DBR-62 are very nice speakers. However they are difficult to drive due to impedance dips. To really make them sing you need a powerful amplifier. "However, note the area I have circled. Impedance is high at about 8 ohms but the phase angle is quite acute at nearly 50 degrees. This...
  9. R

Three little "experiments" 1) Maybe use the variable preamp mode on su9 and turn it down to zero. Then turn the da9 volume all the way up. Finally start turning up the volume on su9 until the desired level. 2) Can also try the opposite. Da9 to zero, preamp mode on su9 to 99, start turning up...
  10. R

Maybe try this: "There are various tuning presets available with the DA-9, but they are just frequency response tunings. Interestingly, the DA-9 has an SDB mode, and it sounded significantly better than most of the other tuning filters. It seems that the SDB mode implements a version of the...
  11. R

Advice on integrated amp for Wharfedale Diamonds 230

The R-N301 doesn't have the power needed to properly drive the speakers. The max power consumption for this amp is 200 W and only 165 for the asian model (user manual). About 40%-50% of this power is transformed to heat (Class A/B amp). That leaves in the best case 100-120 Watts for 2 channels...
  12. R

Wireless speakers

I agree with Katji. You need something big to fill this room size and to sit as close as possible. As a compromise I would get the minipods (already have 2 pairs) which have a reduced price for now. Can add a subwoofer like me - this elac which has auto equalizer and full control via an app. I...
  13. R

Maybe you will find the answer here: http://www.referencedesigner.com/rfcal/cal_04.php There is a difference between the rms voltage and the maximum voltage. And each value can be calculated from the other. Shenzhenaudio also recommended to turn the amplifier volume all the way up and start...
  14. R

In case it helps someone: "the SU-9 can adjust the output level to 2.82V (at volume 87), 2.67V (at volume 86)" The answer is by shenzhenaudio. Edit: The fixed output levels: "For the ouputs, 2V for RCA and XLR is 4V."
  15. R

Hi, Just received the SMSL SU-9. Anyone knows which volume value corresponds to 2.8 Volts output (balanced) in the Pre variable mode? My Yamaha A-S2000 amplifier accepts only 2.8 V maximum voltage for the balanced inputs. Any help is appreciated. Konstantinos
Top Bottom