Search results

1. J

John Williams in Tokyo, comparison Japanese Deluxe Edition Box (SACD, CD, Blu-ray stereo/5.1/Atmos) vs the Japanese vinyl vs Tidal

Hello, 30 years after his last visit to Japan, John Williams returned for an exceptional concert. Captured live, the Tokyo concert is a musical celebration of friendship. Available on streaming and as a preview in Japan in a box set including SACD, CD and Bluray, as well as on vinyl, this...
  2. J

The Pineapple Thief – It Leads To This – Comparison Blu-ray stereo , 5.1, Dolby Atmos, Tidal MAX, CD. Is the blu-ray the new “audiophile” media?

I've already made this comparison with the Amazon player, but also with players from other streaming services. The players adjust the level of the song, not the dynamics, which is why there's a recommended loudness level between -13 LUFS and -16 LUFS depending on the streaming service, which...
  3. J

The Pineapple Thief – It Leads To This – Comparison Blu-ray stereo , 5.1, Dolby Atmos, Tidal MAX, CD. Is the blu-ray the new “audiophile” media?

Yes, there is a limiter for the stereo track on the bluray, but it limits much less than the other stereo versions, as the waveforms confirm. I agree with you, it's important to be precise. It's worth noting the effort that's been made on the bluray version by offering a version with more...
  4. J

I answered a little too quickly. Indeed, I propose this rewording which seems clearer to me: For the blu-ray stereo track, it is indeed a master without dynamic limiter unlike the CD and Tidal versions. This is why the Blu-ray stereo track is the most dynamic.
  5. J

Hello, This is indeed a mistake , they made a master with a dynamic limiter. Thanks for the comment, Enjoy listening
  6. J

Jerome Sabbagh – Vintage – Pure analog production - Comparison between Digital files 24 bits 192 kHz, vinyl limited edition AAA and copy master Tape

Thanks, indeed, with good editions, the differences are in the nuances, unlike with this comparison "Nathan Davis – The Hip Walk" where the vinyl record loses stereo in the bass compared to the digital version and the tape.
  7. J

Lenny Kravitz – Blue Electric Light – Comparison between Tidal MAX, Amazon Dolby Atmos

Hello, Thanks! I couldn't find the Dolby Atmos version on Tidal either, but only on Amazon and Apple Music (untested).
  8. J

Jerome Sabbagh – Vintage – Pure analog production - Comparison between Digital files 24 bits 192 kHz, vinyl limited edition AAA and copy master Tape

Hello, Indeed, , I agree with you, technically, an analog tape recording can't compete with a digital DXD recording like on the "Mozart & Poulenc Double & Triple Piano Concertos" album. But using analog machines has its charm, and brings a particular sound. I was amazed at the quality you can...
  9. J

Hello, Jérôme Sabbagh’s album “Vintage” is a celebration of jazz music, recorded entirely in analog to capture the essence and warmth of this musical tradition. Released by Sunnyside Records in 2023, the album features a quartet of exceptional musicians including Jérôme Sabbagh on tenor...
  10. J

Lenny Kravitz – Blue Electric Light – Comparison between Tidal MAX, Amazon Dolby Atmos

Hello, American rock musician Lenny Kravitz has enriched the music world with his twelfth studio album, “Blue Electric Light”. For this review, you will find 2 versions tested: Tidal MAX, and Tidal Dolby Atmos. A comparison of waveforms (track “Blue Electric Light”) adjusted to -15.6 LUFS...
  11. J

Mozart & Poulenc Double & Triple Piano Concertos - DXD 24 bits 352.8 kHz stereo and 5.0 vs Amazon 192 kHz vs Tidal Dolby Atmos

Hello, Recorded at Victoria Hall in March 2023, this concert “Mozart & Poulenc, Double & Triple Piano Concertos” brings together the four members of the Nagano-Kodama family – Kent (husband), Mari (wife), Momo (sister) and Karin (daughter) – and the OSR (Orchestre de la Suisse Romande), echoing...
  12. J

Billie Eilish – Hit Me Hard And Soft - comparison between digital, Vinyl eco-art yellow and black, Dolby Atmos

Hello, “Hit Me Hard And Soft” is the title of Billie Eilish’s third studio album, released on May 17, 2024. With over 32 billion streams and 71 million albums sold, Billie Eilish continues to make her mark on her generation with powerful tracks and an introspective approach to music. Not...
  13. J

Review of the Pink Floyd's album Animals between Vinyl, CD, Bluray, SACD from 1977 to 2022 in stereo and 5.1

Thank you very much! Spectrum, waveform and spectrogram measurements are made with Izotope RX, with a screenshot to get an image file.
  14. J

Review of the Pink Floyd's album Animals between Vinyl, CD, Bluray, SACD from 1977 to 2022 in stereo and 5.1

Hello, On May 17, 2024, a blu-ray audio edition is released, containing the original and 2018 stereo mixes, the 5.1 version and, above all, the new Dolby Atmos mix. Only the Dolby Atmos version is new on this blu-ray, as the stereo and 5.1 versions were already present on the blu-ray released...
  15. J

Yuja Wang - The Vienna Recital: a hole in the spectrum! (Comparison between stereo and Dolby Atmos)

Hello, World-renowned pianist Yuja Wang continues to captivate audiences with her latest album "The Vienna Recital". Recorded during a recital in Vienna in 2022, this album features an eclectic selection of works, from complete sonatas by Beethoven and Scriabin to individual pieces by Albéniz...
  16. J

Sia – Reasonable Woman - Which version to choose: stereo or Dolby Atmos?

Hello, Australian singer-songwriter Sia has expanded her discography with her tenth studio album, "Reasonable Woman". The waveform of the stereo version has a very low dynamic range due to the dynamic limiter used, as confirmed by the graphs below, with a dynamic range from to DR4. The...
  17. J

Mark Knopfler – One Deep River – First single – Ahead Of The Game : comparison between Hi-Rez 24-192 and Dolby Atmos

Hello, The album review has been updated to include streaming, vinyl and blu-ray versions (stereo PCM 24 bits/96 kHz and 24 bits 192 Hz, Dolby Digital TrueHD Atmos). The blu-ray is the only medium to offer high-resolution stereo and Dolby Atmos in lossless quality. You can find all the...
  18. J

Hello, I've just added the Qobuz and Amazon versions. The result is the same as the Tidal version. Enjoy listening Jeff
  19. J

Hello, After albums such as "Abducting the Unicorn" and "Magnolia", The Pineapple Thief are back with their 15th album, "It Leads to This", featuring 8 songs. For this review, 5 versions are tested: Blu-ray with Stereo , 5.1 , Dolby Atmos , Tidal Max Flac and CD. The 4 waveforms below show...
  20. J

Norah Jones – Visions – first single – Running. Will it be a reference like "Come Away With Me"? (Stereo vs Dolby Atmos)

Thanks for the information, it's very interesting indeed. I'll take a closer look at the possibilities, as well as the multi-channel support.
Top Bottom