Search results

1. F

DIY 3D Speaker Scanner - the Mathematics and Everything Else

In that case why not export dual plane data at 5 to 10 degree intervals and see if it looks like other measurements of your speaker?
  2. F

It looks like you have been able to separate the outgoing waves and the error is below -20dB almost everywhere which is good. Are you able to get the near field to far field translation working so you can export a processed measurement at arbitrary points?
  3. F

Small 2-way speakers with linear on-axis and power response characteristics (Scan Speak and SB Acoustics drivers). H&V off-axis measurements included

There is more than one Klippel machine. The laser isn't normally part of the NFS package and there doesn't seem to be a module for cabinet resonance scanning with the laser. https://www.klippel.de/products/rd-system/product-brochure-price-lists.html
  4. F

3D printing a QRD N53 diffuser

A new term :)
  5. F

If you haven't already seen it this video is full of good information but is very long, not everyone has 4 hours to watch youtube. At about 2:08:00 There is a section on BAD panels and how they work. Interesting that the best function is when the panel is made of stainless steel so the hole...
  6. F

Small 2-way speakers with linear on-axis and power response characteristics (Scan Speak and SB Acoustics drivers). H&V off-axis measurements included

Relative to the price of the ports maybe but Sound Imports shipping is pretty reasonable considering how far they are going :) Soundlabs group also sells Monacor stuff, maybe they can get them for you more locally.
  7. F

You might want to have a read of Ron Sauro's papers https://nwaalabs.ipower.com/Papers and Publications.html You can also read D'Antonio and Cox's book on Absorbers and Diffusers. https://www.amazon.com.au/Acoustic-Absorbers-Diffusers-Theory-Application/dp/0415471745 The hard cover is a little...
  8. F

If you can get the data to analyse, I would be very interested to see what the difference is between dual cylinders and dual cylinders with lids :)
  9. F

UMIK-1 or any USB MIC unsuitable for timing measurements?

Of course which is why I don't own a USB mic. I said for those who cannot or will not, and they exist which is why this keeps coming back up. All valid reasons to do use an analogue mic, there is no argument from me that a USB mic is a good idea for speaker design. The Holm method only works...
  10. F

UMIK-1 or any USB MIC unsuitable for timing measurements?

For anyone who refuses to or cannot use an analogue mic to make their life a lot easier, there is an option for relative offsets between drivers which is to use the Time Lock function of Holm Impulse. This keeps the sound card driver open and counts samples. It does work and is how Earl Geddes...
  11. F

How to make quasi-anechoic speaker measurements/spinoramas with REW and VituixCAD

Just leave it flat. You have two woofers at different angles in the cabinet so the advice of tilting the cabinet down won't work anyway. That method is assuming you have a woofer on a flat baffle and are trying to make the measurement valid to a higher frequency.
  12. F

How to make quasi-anechoic speaker measurements/spinoramas with REW and VituixCAD

Outdoor ground plane. That is what Linkwitz used to measure the woofer section.
  13. F

I know that feeling as well :) That would perhaps be an alternative if it works with the community edition. Aquiring and naming the measurements is the main requirement, once processed they can be viewed with number of existing programs. Can it work with automation?
  14. F

If it is on an ARM based Mac I feel your pain. ARTA works with Whisky from a short test I ran and that was quite nice. At least of the off the shelf measuring programs, ARTA has some advantages that are worth considering for this purpose.
  15. F

Some controllers have PWM controls to adjust the current chopping behaviour. I have tweaked this with my own Tic Controller and it can make quite a bit of difference to the "sound" of the stepper...
  16. F

I often use REW and it is indeed a great program. My understanding is that REW has a repeated measurements mode where a pre-set number of measurements can be made with a pre-set delay between them to account for turntable movement. No doubt this can be made to work with a bit of trial an error...
  17. F

I have bugged NTK, literally for years, with all the options for a simplified version that I could find. Quite a bit of effort was expended and all other options seem to have an Achilles heel that limits their usefulness. My focus has now shifted towards finding the least number of measurement...
  18. F

The only practical use I can see for that data is for arraying speakers in very large PA setups. Things get squirrly quickly trying to push it to higher frequencies. There quickly becomes the need for optimized grids and positioning capability just like the NFS. Nothing wrong with that as an...
  19. F

Good Luck :) My current plan is to start simple with a semi automated setup. Automated rotary control combined with manual height adjustment, then running it all again at a second distance. My main interest is in the frequency range where gating becomes unreliable, It looks to me like N=5...
Top Bottom