Search results

1. A

Turntables: How Much MASS Is Enough?

Thank you so much for posting these. I read the entire thing and found it to be very interesting. The original thick platter mat on my Sansui SR-929 (the rubber of which is still surprisingly supple) is double-sided, with one side being smooth and closely resembling cross section (e) in Figure...
  2. A

Schiit Kraken - 5 Channel Surround Amp

This amp is literally intended only for people who use the Schiit Syn, many of whom leave their wallets open for Jason Stoddard. Nothing particularly interesting about it.
  3. A

Moondrop Chu II IEM Review

This post getting quite a lot of likes considering that it has broken one of the forum rules.
  4. A

Wiim withdraw Apple Airplay casting from all their products

I loathe entirely the way Bluetooth allows the transmitting device to function as a preamp with volume control. Can’t possibly count the number of times the volume in my car was cranked up to 11 because my wife doesn’t even consider the relationship between the radio and her phone. It’s just...
  5. A

I went through the whitelist process (they asked for the MAC ID that can be found in device info) and airplay casting is actually back on. I’m not sure what their workaround is but mine is now working.
  6. A

Can anyone explain the vinyl renaissance?

Yes. Being on a kindle reinforces dependence on devices.
  7. A

Can anyone explain the vinyl renaissance?

Current technology is about detaching people from living in the present as much as possible.
  8. A

Cartridge alignment

This is why I use a spherical stylus because anything beyond eyeballing it is overkill.
  9. A

My favourite live intro.

Thunderstruck
  10. A

Nice turntables. Attached picture is an absolute requirement.

The wire was definitely wrapped around the terminal I do remember looking at it. I’m by no means qualified to commend on that stuff and greatly appreciate you looking out for that in my photos!
  11. A

Here it is from another angle the other side looks a lot cleaner I think?
  12. A

Update on my Sansui 929. I found an eBay listing for a plinth in much better shape than mine so I decided to give swapping it out a try, and I'm here to show the success. My previous plinth had some bubbling in the finish that always annoyed me. I didn't hold out for one in better condition...
  13. A

Schiit Gjallarhorn objective review

First, you should consider getting a bidet for your undercarriage. Second, I certainly hope you’re not often pushing it to clipping with desktop use. It would be like a nightclub sitting that close with 10-15 watts. FWIW volume knob position tells practically nothing useful when evaluating the...
  14. A

I would happily trade most of the “functionality” for airplay broadcasting.
  15. A

Too late for me I immediately checked as soon as I read this and it was already updated. Should have turned off auto updates :(
  16. A

So frustrating I used this feature to broadcast from my main listening space to a Sonos speaker in the kitchen.
  17. A

Schiit Vidar 2 Stereo Amplifier Review

Glad it is helping the heating issue, but it looks ridiculous.
  18. A

Minisdsp Questions

the minidsp flex will clip at 4V input, not fry. It’s possible to clip with a hot phono cartridge depending on how much gain you’re running. 16V out from the preamp is just a maximum output, not a nominal value. If you’re using an analog source I recommend setting volume upstream because the...
  19. A

Cable argument put forward by a scientist

Not to knock PhD’s, but in this case the motivation is likely hubris.
  20. A

Extreme Snake Oil

Certainly that’s what goes on in the 3 box affair. To get the $100 DAC circuit you also need to buy 3 boxes full of stuff.
Top Bottom