Search results

1. E

Genelec opens own netstore for used speakers and subwoofers

What's next, direct sales of new speakers and more to private customers :D. I don't know what Genelec's business strategy is here, but this seems very strange. Most of the products still go to business customers (exact figures are not public).
  2. E

Apologies for the insufficient description in the opening post, after researching the matter in more detail, it seems that the only possible delivery is to Finland. Please leave feedback to Genelec, maybe that can be changed if there is interest?
  3. E

To my (great) surprise, Genelec has opened online sales for private customers. For used speakers, subwoofers and accessories. I must say that I would not have expected this. Possibly the products come at least partly from dealers' replacement equipment? It appears that the products have a...
  4. E

Master Thread: Are measurements Everything or Nothing?

Forgot to answer the thread's question; Are measurements Everything or Nothing? - Neither, but more the former than the latter.
  5. E

Using your chart for evaluation :), I've gone from a per se happy 80's and clear #1, to the nowadays sort of mix #1 and #3 . And this has been very nice and liberating journey. Big piles of various hardware. Well replaced in their current form with a modest lineup. Letting go of the hunt for...
  6. E

I should have been more precise, in the expression corrected to --> relatively far from "one to one". I agree with that ideal situation. Of course, for very practical reasons, the possibilities for this are usually very limited. Especially if the speakers produce a significantly different form...
  7. E

For some reason, empty attachments had appeared for that. The IT world confuses me... I deleted, empty attachments.
  8. E

Let's quote the starting message of the thread, especially myself interested in point 1. The chain is as long as a year of hunger, and I haven't really found the answers to the following, if there is one: What is the consensus, or is there such a thing (in ASR), regarding the measurement...
  9. E

SMSL DL200 the best ever value DAC/AMP?

I don't know if there is anything to generalize here, but I personally listen to the Sundara thru SL200 with about 50-60 volume and high gain. I assume that is significantly higher than the volume at which I listen to my two speaker systems. In the latter, measured between 70-80dB. Perhaps some...
  10. E

Understandably, the price also reflects the some quality beyond the technical measurements. I personally had two Topping devices die within about two years of purchase. Unfortunately, acquisitions in terms of manufacturing are very limited these days. This is not only a "made in" issue. But the...
  11. E

Most beautiful speakers in the world ?

As a former furniture carpenter, purely in terms of aesthetics. Wood is wood. For my space, if purely aesthetics come first when choosing speakers. There are many very interesting speakers in this chain. Here's a continuation of the bunch Meili Audio mid-century modern entertainment console...
  12. E

I myself am not able to find a commonality in that. But as said, arguing about matters of taste would be somewhat pointless :).
  13. E

Best budget studio monitors 6.5-8 inch at up to $1K a pair?

I have promised to look possible options for a new 2.0 system for my friend. In the price category under 1000 euros . Without using Sub. The use would be almost 100% for listening to music, not needing for lowest lows freqs. Aprox in space (non-treated room) 20m2. Does anyone have experience...
  14. E

I guess this is to some extent of the topic, but I didn't feel it necessary to open a new thread... For some reason, over the years I have become more and more attached to the Genelec 8000 series design language. The most beautiful in the world? Hardly. But for speakers that are within the...
  15. E

End Game Speakers - The Quest Continues

Has the initial poster considered the significance of the lack of audio memory when making the choice. Comparing the speaker you listened to for example half a year ago with the speaker you are listening to today... It might be a bit challenging. Not to mention the influence of different...
  16. E

Some thoughts after using this device for one day: -system; laptop win11 Spotify premium --> usb c to usb c dl200 --> trs to xlr Genelec 7350 (6.35mm to Hifiman Sundara) --> xlr to Genelec 8340 -no need to download drivers from SMSL, out of the box worked already in USB 2.0 mode -with 8340`s no...
  17. E

Gradient Helsinki 1.5 https://www.stereophile.com/content/john-atkinson-november-2010
  18. E

Genelec 1022A. It was in production from 1985 to 1990. Designed by Ilpo Martikainen and Ari Varla. Casing was made of fiberglass. I have heard these couple of times, years ago. Strange looking speakers. 405 x 735 x 365 mm 25 kg / each...
  19. E

Alea iacta est. Ordered this device from Amazon today. Will update experience, when I have some. SMSL will replace Yamaha wxc-50.
  20. E

Welcome New Members to ASR, introduce yourself here.

Thank You, Have been reading this site for years. Before registration.
Top Bottom