Search results

1. G

Which flagship headphone has fantastic soundstage/imaging und bass?

I appreciate all the responses. I got a used (but practically new) Warwick bravura HP sytem for 4.2k. it might not have the most visceral bass but it excels in everything else. I will try use some virtualizer suggestions on it and see if i finds something i am happy with. Maybe i will upgrade to...
  2. G

Thanks a lot for the suggestion. How would you describe the sound experience with the realizer compared to other virtual software solutions in regards to immersion? Would you say it creates a much more believable ,,environment“?
  3. G

Really interesting to know how headphones compare after eq. Most reviews focus on tuning. For me or would be more interesting to have them all equed to the same target and then see what the hardwired differences are. Can you think of any alternatives which fits my use case? What about the...
  4. G

But what if you eq them to the Harman target with an eq profile? Do you think round or oval shape has a effect on soundstage? Thank you
  5. G

thanks a lot for your insight. my current plan is getting the technically very capable he1000se then eq it closer to the harman target and then see if i can improve on that with virtualizers. maybe i will save some money over time and buy a smyth realizer in the far feature.
  6. G

Thanks a lot for recommending those, I appreciate it! Thanks all for your insight, I will try to find a way to compare both.
  7. G

Right now I am rather leaning towards the HE1000SE because of its imaging capabilities along with the wide soundstage and detail retrieval abilities and then boost the subbass. Only thing holding me back is that some people claim the atrium has even more soundstage depth when driven of a good...
  8. G

I wish I could demo the smyth realizer somehow. It looks to offer exactly what I am looking for. Problem is it costs 6k here in Germany :/. That’s a lot of money for something that’s so hard to judge if you haven’t heard it yourself and is not measureable, as much as I trust your judgment!
  9. G

I appreciate the suggestions. The lcd x seem very good for bass and , although maybe not the absolute best in the soundstage/imgaing department. Since I sometimes game for many hours I fear they would be to heavy for that. I haven’t heard much good about the DCA expanse but will check it out...
  10. G

Well then I at least want one which gets as far as possible in both departments. It doesent have to be perfect in all departments. I would be willing to give up some bass ability for example if all the other criteria are met. The hd800s soundstage is very wide all the time. I rather prefer one...
  11. G

I tried some Arya’s a while ago and I can definitely perceive soundstage with (to the sides) but there was not much depth (front to back). I feel like most headphones lack in depth but many sources say both of these have outstanding depth (especially the atrium with a good tube amp).
  12. G

Hi all, I am looking for a flagship headphone (up to 5k) with a wide convincing soundstage in with and depth along with precise imaging within that soundstage. I will use it mainly for movie watching and gaming. Second most important Charakteristik would be to have an (within headphones...
  13. G

Can you limit subwoofer volume in multi eq x?

I see, thank you I will try that! I also plan on getting a second sub. Since its a small room I only really can place my sub in the corners and no matter where I put it I am always in a null at main listening position. Maybe I can hear more bass without increasing the bass for the neighbours...
  14. G

Low frequency containment filters low frequency out from what I googled but there is no word of limiting the volume itself for the sub
  15. G

Which headphones would not make me miss my surround system too much?

I know I can’t replace the surround system but I want at least a headphone which is the most capable relative to other headphones. This is interesting, although I am always a bit skeptical of such claims. Have you tried it yourself?
  16. G

Hello, I live in an apartment and i would like to limit my subwoofer volume at a lower volume then the rest of the speakers, is that possible with multi eq x or Dirac live or both? I don’t mean reducing the subwoofer gain, I rather mean if I could limit my sub to e.g. 75 DB if all other...
  17. G

Which headphones would not make me miss my surround system too much?

I build a higher end 7.1.4 surround system but underestimated the bass‘s ability to also rumble the apartment above. That’s why I am searching for a headphone which won’t make me miss my surround system too much which I used mainly for gaming and movie watching and occasionally music listening...
  18. G

Does upgrading a receiver for better sound quality makes sense at 60DB?

Thank you, I appreciate your insight. I will get room correction software for sure once everything is finished. I am debating between Dirac and the windows Multi EQ X App. I don’t mind having to learn Multi EQ X but i wonder what will deliver better results for my 11 channel small room scenario...
  19. G

Does upgrading a receiver for better sound quality makes sense at 60DB?

Hi all, i am half way through building my first home theater setup. Its a 7.1.4 system in a 4x3m room. the average distance to the speakers is 1.7m. I usually set the denon x3800h AVR to 60DB and cap it at 70DB because of living with girlfriend. I have 4ohm KEF LS50 META as FR/FL and 8ohm KEF...
Top Bottom