Search results

1. N

2k - 3k Hifi small room system advice.

LS50 Meta has a 5.25" driver, not 6.5"
  2. N

What speakers do you currently own?

I've never heard Thiel before, but I was curious and someone on FB Marketplace was selling a pair of CS 2.3 near me for $100. I didn't jump on it because I didn't have the space (already having 4 pairs of speakers :facepalm:.). They looked in good condition, just the cloth on the grille was...
  3. N

Master "deals" (massdrop, ebay, Amazon, etc.) Thread on Audio Product Sales

Music Direct has a memorial day weekend sale that ends tomorrow. Use "MDDS10" for 10% off Open Box/B-Stock/Scratch & Dent items. Get a pair of Wharfedale Linton 85 (B-Stock) for $944 plus tax for example...
  4. N

What speakers do you currently own?

I have one listening room and I rotate between 4 pairs of speakers (will eventually sell 2 and keep only 2). A mix of some that measure well and some that measure not so well: MoFi Sourcepoint 8 KLH Model 5 Triangle Genese Trio Magnepan LRS Amps I have (one that measures well and others...
  5. N

Looking for speakers with a spacious sound and great timbre?

I'm also a big Sennheiser HD600/650 fan. I feel like Wharfedale has a sound that is reminiscent of the HD650 for me. Some ELAC Andrew Jones offerings like Debut Reference and Uni-Fi as well. Were you looking at standmount or floorstanders?
  6. N

Hearing and hearing aid recommendations

Universal is the default program that can be used for most situations for speech understanding (one-on-one conversation, a couple people in a room, etc.). PureSound is similar to Universal for situations that I described above, but is a Widex proprietary setting with the purpose of making sound...
  7. N

The 67-year-old hearing test results! You need hearing aids.

Honestly, I couldn't say one way or the other. Some people can have hearing thresholds which are still in the "normal" range and still get tinnitus. Others can have severe loss at some frequencies and not get tinnitus. The reason why hearing aids can help some who suffer from tinnitus is...
  8. N

I am also an audiologist. Yes, studies show that properly fit hearing aids can help mitigate or reduce tinnitus in roughly 60% of hearing aid users. 40% will experience no change. Most patients with your type of loss will have speech understanding difficulties in background noise...
  9. N

Your hearing threshold is 30 dB HL at 8 kHz? Or down 30 dB from the normal range? If it's the former, that's not too bad. Generally, hearing aids are set to prioritize speech understanding and music will not sound as natural while wearing them in their default settings. Your hearing care...
  10. N

What items have you purchased as a result of ASR?

It's too early to tell which one I prefer as both are really good and I've only had the SP8 for a month. I think the MoFi is a more linear speaker. The KLH is warmer sounding. I feel the concentric design of the MoFi offers some advantages that I like such as the imaging that I mentioned.
  11. N

What items have you purchased as a result of ASR?

Bought these as a result of measurements found on ASR, followed by my subjective impressions (if you care). Elac Debut Reference DBR-62 - very nice, except slight mid-bass bump was not to my liking after a while. Polk R200 - bought as a result of napilopez's measurement posted here. Very nice...
  12. N

Tekton M-Lore Speaker Review

Eric is basically calling Erin a snowflake ("unduly sensitive") with his most recent posts on the FB page. So I guess he's taking the apology back after watching Erin's second video? Also this post by "Ed Young" to Eric: Eric's response: :facepalm:
  13. N

Tech Reviewer: Do Bad Reviews Kill Companies?

The reviewer featured here was credited as the person who tanked their stock price. This happened immediately following his review (he has almost 19 million subscribers) where he called the Fisker Ocean the worst car he had ever reviewed...
  14. N

Legal fund for Reviewers/Erin?

There's a post on the Tekton FB page where Eric says he "rolls" with Monster CEO Noel Lee, and shows Lee's home setup wih Tekton 1812's and other custom Tekton products. Eric was probably inspired by Lee to use litigation tactics so freely seeing as Lee is most famous for trying to sue any...
  15. N

I peeked at the FB post to read that person clarifying Dr. Choueiri's supposed quote and it's gone. Also Eric is responding to someone who claims to have purchased speakers from him but is asking him to answer for what has happened here and he replied Are you kidding, me? :facepalm: Same...
  16. N

Legal fund for Reviewers/Erin?

What tools is he using to "measure" and not just design simulations? I can safely assume they are not as exacting as the Klippel NFS. In other words, Eric is bringing a plastic knife to a gun fight. All this over a 250 Hz resonance and some emphasis on the upper midrange? Nobody cared about...
  17. N

MoFi Sourcepoint 8 measured by ErinsAudioCorner

Not quite. The Sourcepoint 8 retails for $2750 (without stands) and the R3 Meta is $2199.99. The MoFi are on sale now through May for $1999 (without stands) so actually cheaper than the R3 Meta currently...
  18. N

The irony of Tekton supporters on his FB page who had previously railed against determining a speaker's excellence based only on measurements ("I actually listen") are now praising Eric for allegedly designing the "flattest speaker ever!" That's funny.
  19. N

Yeah, why is it "Our client David in Boise ID called to inform me that Dr. Edgar Choueiri..." and not "Here are measurements taken by Dr. Edgar Choueiri..."? This, sending over the raw driver response for that Eminence woofer, and how he said he was waiting on Jay Lee to send him NRC...
  20. N

I apologize for my intention was not to speak for you, but to give some (somewhat) friendly advice to someone that badly needs it.
Top Bottom