Search results

1. P

Yamaha HS5 Powered Monitor Review

I've been waiting since I discovered this resource :)
  2. P

How important is good speaker design if you have Digital Room Correction

It's a good question. We see this as well in headphones, e.g. Bose vs. Sennheiser. And not just for sound, but for optics/photography as well. You don't have to design a perfect lens, when you can correct a lot of the distortion in postprocessing. From the experience I can tell the same happens...
  3. P

What budget speakers you like to see reviewed?

I remember you promised to measure it in the HS5 thread, so was a bit surprised to hear that you bought HS8 :) Really looking forward to see them measured!
  4. P

Does it mean we will never see the HS-7?
  5. P

I would really love to see Yamaha HS-7 reviewed :p
  6. P

White Noise, Pink Noise or Throw Them Out?

No need to throw them away! Simply reverse the polarity of the cables and play the same music you played, but backwards. This should return them to their factory state.
  7. P

Thanks for the link! I've seen the reviews on their website, but as we know it's not Amir's review quality :)
  8. P

I don't know if there's a separate sub-forum for this, couldn't find it, but would it be possible to review bluetooth speakers? Say from big names like JBL, Harman & Kardon, B&O, UE, Bose, etc. I imagine quite a few people either consider buying one, or have one. In the end, we don't always...
  9. P

Hifi portable bluetooth speaker

I've been looking around for a decent BT speaker as well. JBL extreme 2/3 was at the top of my list, but then I came across Harman Kardon Citation 200. Impressive spec, and very classy looking
  10. P

Parametric Array speaker review?

Phase arrays at the base frequency though are much more interesting. You can correct for the room geometry, bounce the sounds off the walls and ceiling for the 3D effect etc. I wonder why don't we see more products like Yamaha MusicCast YSP-5600
  11. P

The health effects depend on the levels, exposure, and the frequency. Ultrasound in the medical setting is perfectly safe, but I wouldn't put my hand in an ultrasonic cleaner for example. Personally I think it is simply not clear enough what problem does this method solve, while introducing a...
  12. P

You can track the listener using ultrasound as a radar. We already have this technology on our cars (parking sensors).
  13. P

I wouldn't imagine the loss changes much with frequency, but it can carry the waves much further due to lower diffraction. Same as bass vs. treble
  14. P

I have a degree in physics, but unfortunately I'm not an expert in acoustics :) So I can only speculate from the general principles. What I can imagine is achievable is a phased array of ultrasonic transducers, which can track listeners in the room, and play different tracks for each, without...
  15. P

This technology is quite old. I think the main limitation to the adoption is the low diffraction. The sound basically travels as a ray in a straight line more or less, and if something is between you and the transducer it would mostly block the sound. You can imagine how this would be a main...
  16. P

Yamaha HS5 Powered Monitor Review

Is the review of HS7s still coming? :)
Top Bottom