Search results

1. P

Your latest cool purchase

Hypex FA502 plate amp for a subwoofer with dual drivers.
  2. P

Why a Headphone Amplifier ?

I use a 250ohm T90 headphone on the avr its sound good to me.
  3. P

Dual opposed Scanspeak/HypexFa502 subwoofer

@sigbergaudio Thanks for your input! maybe the uneven curve is because the woofers behave better in a bigger enclosure and the graph is to 150 hz it look worse. Below 80 hz its not that bad without dsp. The output with dsp is good but i want less dsp for the same curve. With the mic 1 cm away...
  4. P

The sub is ready and i also make filters for the FA502 amp. I wil finetune the dsp further. Red line is the SVS SB2000 for comparison. Green line is dual Scan Speak flat signal so it behave in the box without dsp White line is dual Scan Speak with dsp tuned @ 22hz-6db and 15hz-10db Its a...
  5. P

6 stack sb1000 pro or 4x sb2000 pro?

Some drivers have a high vas spec arround 200 liters, others more like 50 liters. Loose suspension vs stif, the driver with higer vas wil play small details in base a lot better. They are designd different, and sound also different
  6. P

6 stack sb1000 pro or 4x sb2000 pro?

You have a nice budget, maybe two JL Audio E112? The SB3000 indeed is also a nice sub. But these subs are al spl subwoofers for SQ look at Rel, Sigberg and others
  7. P

The third layer paint and the polyfill are ready. :) I use sandpaper 320 between the last layers.
  8. P

Denon X4700H or Marantz Cinema 50?

The cinema 40 is on the same tier as the denon 4800, cinema 50 is more like the denon 3800. Ubgrading from 4400 to 4700 looks not realy an upgrade to me and the cinema 50 is a lower tier.
  9. P

The primer is done:) And a picture of the drivers. The first satin black layer, like Arendal speakers have. Primer was already dry after 2 hours.
  10. P

Only sanding screw holes and the sub is primer ready.:)
  11. P

Yes its the box for the fa502
  12. P

The box is almost ready its 48x42x50cm, each woofer has 30 liter with polyfill they behave like they in 36liter or so.
  13. P

Show us your Cars

A twin scroll turbo has almost no lag and the max torque is arround 1300rpm, bmw use this turbo design since the 235 series.
  14. P

Hypex NCx500 Class D Amplifier Review

I use the Hypex FA501 amp with uses NC500 to power a dual opposed subwoofer with 12 inch scanspeak discovery drivers. It works fine but each driver can handle 500w in a smaller enclosure, now they have 200w each. In 2 ohm load the FA501 has 400w.
  15. P

I have already build a Diy dual opposed subwoofer with 12 inch Scan Speak Discovery drivers and Hypex fa501 amp it sound very good. The drivers share a 53 liter volume with a lot of wool to have a higher Qtc. But now i have another pair of the same used Scanspeak drivers. Im planning to build...
  16. P

What speakers do you currently own?

Focal aria 905 Arendal 1961 series monitors center surround and height atmos 5.2.2 setup Svs SB2000 And a Diy dual opposed subwoofer with 12 inch scanspeak discovery drivers and Hypex fa501 amp.
  17. P

ScanSpeak Revelator 13" subs

Amazing drivers! i bet a sealed dual opposed design with Hypex fa502 amp will outperform almost every brand subwoofer out there. Ported is not necessary to reach 20 hz, i tuned my sealed diy subwoofer easy @22hz-6db with dsp. If the box is big 16hz-6db is also no problem but it will sound not...
  18. P

ScanSpeak Revelator 13" subs

Have another pair of used Scan Speak 12 inch discovery drivers, with 4 of these in a room with Hypex FA501 amps i think it wil sound amazing. I bould already a dual opposed subwoofer with 2 of these drivers.
  19. P

SVS Ultra Evolution

For base i think its almost the best way to go, but it is more expensive the extra woofer needs also a stronger amp.
  20. P

SVS Ultra Evolution

I like dual opposed design it plays 3db louder with the same power. Double also the power adds 6db its the best way to design speakers/subwoofers.
Top Bottom