Search results

1. M

Budget Power Amps for Speakers from Emotiva, Outlaw and Schiit

Last night I ordered the Emotiva BasX A3 to help a Marantz 100 wpc that had frequently gone into protection mode at volume. The Paradigm speakers developed one blown tweeter and others on the way out. This helps alleviate fear of the expensive replacements doing the same. I’ll try and report...
  2. M

Budget Power Amps for Speakers from Emotiva, Outlaw and Schiit

Based on recommendations here I added a Buckeye HYPEX NC502MP this month to power a pair of Revel F208s. 4 channel, it’ll help with the C208 or the M106s too. Switching from the 110 wpc of a 9040 AVR to 350 has brought out depth and definition far more than before. Unfortunately I don’t possess...
  3. M

Will I tangibly benefit from adding power?

The Denon capabilities look fantastic. They exceed my familiarity so I’m gonna research and learn something. I have three systems so I can push the Pioneer into the man cave to replace a 40 year old Yamaha. Thank you for going the extra step.
  4. M

I contacted Buckeye, gave them the setup details and this was their reply; The 3ch NCx500 is a completely different amplifier model/technology than the NC502MP. In nearly all situations, the 4ch NC502MP would be the best choice to make, in my opinion. I sure appreciate everyone’s expertise and...
  5. M

It has 380 wpc at 8 ohms while the speakers are listed at 50-350. Is that a conflict?
  6. M

I believe it was A with peaks of 94, average mid to upper 80s.
  7. M

I understood about half, but got the jist of it. Thank you all for explaining it in layman’s terms to me. I wish they had a 3 channel for all my fronts. I suppose I could use a 4 if I pair them with the M106s later.
  8. M

I’m not quite following, these Revel Performa3 are all 8 ohm, aren’t they?
  9. M

Very interesting read on them. I was previously unfamiliar and will look hard at that option.
  10. M

So I guess this means my current setup can generate 104 dB to my prime location? I got the SPL meter and it’s showing my max comfort level is up to but not really over 90 dB. If that’s all correct then I should be good to go… and find another have to have $1000 toy. Thanks! (I’m not quite...
  11. M

Thank you kemmler3D. UMIK-1, I’ll order one. Mainly I’ve read so many reviews where the poster added amplification and reported deeper, richer music. That’s what I’m looking for, the speakers are so astonishing they’ve increased my appetite for clarity, distinction, all the nuances that I never...
  12. M

I recently replaced Paradigms with the Revel M106 bookshelf speakers. It’s in a large living room and the results were astonishing. So I instantly became a huge Revel fan. When I heard they were discontinuing the Performa 3 series, I also ordered new F208 towers, which have arrived and the C208...
Top Bottom