Search results

1. B

Argon 6350 bookshelf speaker, Spinorama measurements

In room looks impressive, especially for the price. Too bad they're not made anymore.
  2. B

AKG K60 Vintage Headphone Review

Four in a row? KILLING SPREE!
  3. B

Why aren't there DSP-speakers with external electronics?

If you're saying DIY, you're not listening. JBL and others offer essentially what you asked for, speakers that are externally amped and DSPd. 705i and 708i are on the mid range. M2 on the high end. I'm sure that JBL sells a lot more p series than i series for the 700s. They're not DIY at...
  4. B

Horns sound this way? Ribbons sound that way?

I've no interest in being conned. I've no acceptance of being conned. I'm not sanguine on being conned.
  5. B

Lyngdorf MP-40 2.1 AV Processor Review

I would expect Mac gear to perform well these days, at least the solid state electronics, but I would not expect their old speakers to do well, and all their gear is still overpriced.
  6. B

Lyngdorf MP-40 2.1 AV Processor Review

You're more than welcome to purchase an overpriced piece of McIntosh gear and submit it for testing. I think that most people here realize that Mac is overpriced and then don't buy their gear. I have some 20+ year old Mac speakers. Too heavy to ship. I know they'll perform poorly.
  7. B

Important: Another Wave of Account Hacks

Takes too long on some devices without keyboard or touch screens to get to the w.
  8. B

My wifi password is aaaaaaaa. Come on in!
  9. B

Apple has a long history of hacked devices, and since wealthier folks use them, hackers love to target Apple. I'd go with LastPass.
  10. B

While Lastpass has had some security issues, everyone who had a long, strong master password has been fine. If you fear your old lastpass account has been hacked, you can change your password and then change passwords for various sites to ensure the password strength. Personally, I think that...
  11. B

Hacks are less common than just plain bad passwords. I suggest using a password manager so you can have real passwords and different ones for each site.
  12. B

A SINAD of 80 or SINAD of 100 Can You Really Tell The Difference?

SINAD is just a figure. The Ayre Codex is dominated by distortion, not noise. I tried multiple DACs and amps in the same room with the same speakers in the same positions. Could my ears have lied? Sure. I was, however, expecting gold from the Codex.
  13. B

A SINAD of 80 or SINAD of 100 Can You Really Tell The Difference?

I listened to a DAC that gets a SINAD of 68, dominated by distortion. I don't know what it was actually producing SINAD and distortion wise, as it gets worse when pushed, but I found lyrics almost unintelligible. That was before I knew anything about ASR. I listened to a tube amp whose...
  14. B

Op Amp Rolling

That's not devil's advocate. That's snake oil advocate.
  15. B

Op Amp Rolling

Can we close this thread now?
  16. B

Op Amp Rolling

And Santa Claus is real. Give us some measurements., or go to another forum if you're not hear to learn. Amirm recently reviewed a great ADC for measuring. You could then prove that you're right. Or you could prove that you're wrong. Either way, the results would be satisfying.
  17. B

Op Amp Rolling

He can't ABX it. That would require swapping op amps. He'd have to buy two dacs then, and maybe a hardware switcher. There's literally no way to prove things other than measuring.
  18. B

Op Amp Rolling

Show me measurements that there's an actual, perceivable difference in sound, or show me the statistically real blind testing results. It's all a placebo. Psycho-acoustics are real. Actual sound differences in opamp rolling? Nah, only if something is broken or incompatible. Fosi has been...
  19. B

Op Amp Rolling

It's called a placebo.
  20. B

Op Amp Rolling

You may as well replace your power cable too while you're at it. The last 6 feet are the most important, I was told.
Top Bottom