Search results

1. Freedom666

I've been bewitched by Bose

You can do with dsp quite a lot. So you get tonal quality also with cheap drivers. Something that in former times was more complicated or impossible. Steering direction of sound is a next step
  2. Freedom666

Bose 800 rebuild

If I had the time and space I would install a 901. Really like it
  3. Freedom666

Serious Question: How can DAC's have a SOUND SIGNATURE if they measure as transparent? Are that many confused?

You can check your loudspeakers: Buy some instruments like triangle, metal xylophone, plastic flute (metal and plastics are independent of changes in humidity, that's different with wood and the like), record them well in the near field. Play the record on your boxes and play the same...
  4. Freedom666

Rogers LS3/5a (BBC) Speaker Review

I wonder what the response looks like in a bookshelf or at least close to back wall. Maybe the response gets better in the 200hz to 1khz region? The speaker was used in small spaces so a side wall close would also fill in
  5. Freedom666

How to make a loudspeaker sandwich cone DIY

Hello, I will post here some information on how to do by yourself a conversion of an existing loudspeaker driver with a simple paper cone to a more sophisticated sandwich cone. It can be also done with plastic cones but with thinner foil and special glue. There is abundant information on this...
  6. Freedom666

Serious Question: How can DAC's have a SOUND SIGNATURE if they measure as transparent? Are that many confused?

Without reading all the thread. I found often in CD Players (and one more expensive DAC like Benchmark for 1000 Euros) that there were no Cs in between the legs of the LM78xx regulator. You easily can hear the difference just adding whats described in the data sheet for these regulators...
Top Bottom