Search results

1. staticV3

Focal Alpha Evo 65 & 80 - "Differences" ??

I use my speaker system almost exclusively for watching TV and movies. I do not mix or master recorded projects. Most of my music I listen to via IEMs.
  2. staticV3

New Dutch&Dutch loudspeakers.

Not sure I understand. The 8C has regular XLR Line in, so just add a Pre of your choice that has the right functionality and you're good to go, no?
  3. staticV3

Fosi Audio V3 Mono Amplifier Review

Mostly in the Pro audio scene. The JBL 705i and 708i are two examples. Keep in mind that unless the manufacturer provides filter designs for the external crossover, it'll be up to you to match levels between drivers, find a suitable crossover frequency and slope, and fix any inherent driver...
  4. staticV3

DAC filters?

According to the User Manual, it's FL1.
  5. staticV3

KEF LS50 Meta Review (Speaker)

A steady-state multitone signal is played on the speakers. The sound is recorded, then analyzed. The procedure is identical to multitone measurements of DACs and Amps. For more details, there's a multitone distortion explainer video in the source I linked.
  6. staticV3

June 2024 - Need a good transparent sounding IEM - budget $60 max

The only time I've experienced an overly aggressive noise gate, which resulted in artifacts as it was audibly cutting into quiet parts of the track, was when I was using Android at almost zero volume. It happened with all Apps, and went away as soon as I figured out how to use UAPP to control...
  7. staticV3

Eversolo DMP-A8 or NAD M33 or Cambridge EVO -150 or ?

WiiM Pro + miniDSP Flex + Hypex/Purifi Power Amp (various builders all over the world). Identical sound quality to the M33 at less than half the cost, though not nearly as elegant.
  8. staticV3

I can't recommend the Gate personally. It feels super cheap in the hands and sounds harsh and sibilant to my ears (see below). YMMV. https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/truthear-gate.54785/post-1997144...
  9. staticV3

Focal Alpha Evo 65 & 80 - "Differences" ??

It's a trade-off. An 8" woofer is better for far field, while the 6.5" woofer would do better for near field. Though for the price of the Evo 65, I would rather buy a Kali IN-5 or IN-8v2 :) Horizontal radiation is not quite as wide as on the Focal, but the much improved vertical radiation due...
  10. staticV3

Sure sure, I'm not arguing against that. Just stating that bi-amping is possible, safe, and ok even without external crossover, even if it's not smart.
  11. staticV3

The CX31993 can't even match the $9 Apple dongle for IEM use: (50mV at 16.5Ω)
  12. staticV3

Wdym? Bi-amping a pair of bi-amp-able speakers is perfectly fine, even without an external, active crossover. The passive crossover built into the speakers is designed specifically for this purpose.
  13. staticV3

S.M.S.L RAW-MDA1

Rely on the data presented in the reviews -> good approach, within reason. Rely on the opinions stated by the reviewers -> bad approach. That's specifically what ASR is not supposed to be.
  14. staticV3

Luxman AS-50R Speaker Selector Review

Whoops! Thanks for the correction.
  15. staticV3

Luxman AS-50R Speaker Selector Review

What's a "distinct relay" and how does it indicate break before make?
  16. staticV3

S.M.S.L RAW-MDA1

Why not make your own purchasing decisions based on the data provided? :) Amir's or VintageFlanker's subjective opinion will not change the performance of the device under test.
  17. staticV3

WiiM Pro Plus Streamer Review

The 9000N's optical or coax output would not be better than the WiiM. BTW, the Pro Plus' only improvements over the regular WiiM Pro are an improved DAC and ADC. If you're not planning on using the WiiM's analog inputs and outputs, then spending more for the Pro Plus would be money wasted.
Top Bottom