Search results

1. Thomas_A

Bass direction is audible

There is a (phase?) trick to move bass around in the room, but I don't remember how it worked. A friend did a demo in my home long time ago.
  2. Thomas_A

Introducing the Phono Cartridge Measurement Library

I am not sure how easy it is to find suspensions of original spec. But if the stylus is more or less unplayed but suspension has been exposed to air for a long time, it would be a good option if the suspension only could be replaced.
  3. Thomas_A

Introducing the Phono Cartridge Measurement Library

I Stylii are like jewels, some are more perfect than others. Regarding old stylii there is also the suspension issue. Rubber age.
  4. Thomas_A

What is on your workbench right now?

That works for a while - then even worse. I've been thinking to rebuild it but I've restarted another hobby after 45 years...first 1:72 model brush painted....
  5. Thomas_A

What is on your workbench right now?

Oh. Linn arms are famous for becoming sticky
  6. Thomas_A

Working too hard can give you a Heart Attack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack... My Heart Attack Story.

It was the replacement issue that made me choose a mechanical. One year now and stable pK values and I don’t restrict myself in any eating habits.
  7. Thomas_A

Working too hard can give you a Heart Attack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack... My Heart Attack Story.

Sounds great. Are you considering mechanical or biological valve?
  8. Thomas_A

Differences in Klippel NFS Measurements Based on Enclosure Thickness and bracing

Nice experiment. Are these unstuffed boxes? That resonances would appear the 500-600 Hz region fits with dimensions. Wonder how ply and MDF differ. I see vibrations in the 500-700 Hz for a small MDF enclosure but also non-linear behaviour...
  9. Thomas_A

Fun with vinyl measurements

It’s the dark matter of vinyl. :)
  10. Thomas_A

High "bad" cholesterol is part due to food and exercise habits, part inherited. So while you can lower it quite much, there are limits for some. Statins have got quite bad reputation - side effects do exist but in most cases they are quite moderate. I use them now, and the only side effect is a...
  11. Thomas_A

Fun with vinyl measurements

But his fr response looks like the Clearaudio test record
  12. Thomas_A

beyerdynamic DT 1990 Pro Headphone Review

To be fair the HP has good performance between 100-4000 Hz and decent up to 6000 Hz. It is above that it fails - the HF peak is a no-no if you are using it without EQ. Bass is weaker, but those who like HD600 as is should have no problem with the bass in these.
  13. Thomas_A

Wow and Flutter measurements like you've never seen before! Maybe...

Do you have max and min for the polars? Average can hide variations.
  14. Thomas_A

Wow and Flutter measurements like you've never seen before! Maybe...

Is the unit weight balanced when applied on the spindle? (There are a number of Shaknspin measurements on this site as well)
  15. Thomas_A

beyerdynamic DT 1990 Pro Headphone Review

The "best" Beyerdyamic is the old DT150 with DT100 pads. It takes out the bump in the upper bass and smoothen the treble peaks as well.
  16. Thomas_A

What is the target frequency response/curve of a well treated room?

I think you can compare them through measurements. But a control room response will look and sound different from the home situation. https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/atc-speakers-monitors.17448/page-192#post-1831842
  17. Thomas_A

What is the target frequency response/curve of a well treated room?

This will vary depending on studio and whether you take the measurement at the near field monitors or a far field setup. There is a paper from Genelec where they did some measurements.
  18. Thomas_A

My recording of Alinde wind Quintet in Carolinum hall of Charles University, Prague

Too late to the party; would be nice to get permission. Such raw recordings are quite rare.
  19. Thomas_A

Effects of 2 vibration isolation devices (waterfall plots)

Fundamental around 135 Hz gives 270, 405, 540, 675, 810 Hz... I have not calculated the THD. It is clearly audible in this case, there is no masking effect of the higher order distortion peaks.
Top Bottom