Search results

1. Yorkshire Mouth

Bass direction is audible

A few points/notes/questions. Firstly, we’re mainly objectivists here, but I think even most of us would say that subjectively we have experienced, and have at least some sympathy with the concept of bass being non-directional. Secondly, perhaps it’s not either/or; it’s not binary. I suspect...
  2. Yorkshire Mouth

WiiM Ultra

Any EQ changes you make in the WiiM continue along the digital path, yes.
  3. Yorkshire Mouth

WiiM Ultra

The $5 ones often don’t work with lots of external devices.
  4. Yorkshire Mouth

Small Room Acoustics

Also, implicitly.
  5. Yorkshire Mouth

Small Room Acoustics

For a long time I’ve held the view that bass nodes are a major factor which need sorting, as does a ‘very lively’ room. But that aside, your brain just ‘gets used’ to room issues. When we have measurements from kippel it tells you what the speaker does, then what the room does, then what these...
  6. Yorkshire Mouth

Small Room Acoustics

I was quite surprised that, given he wants to get people using treatments, he pretty much says that if you’re in a domesticated room, rather than a mixing studio, you might want to not bother.
  7. Yorkshire Mouth

Small Room Acoustics

I know it’s a video on Darko’s channel, but the main information is from Jesco Lohan. I find some of his comments to be extremely thought-provoking. Interestingly with Darko, despite him usually being very much a subjectivist, with room treatments he appears to be far more of an objectivist.
  8. Yorkshire Mouth

WiiM Ultra... Am I missing something?

If you’re saying you’d like each WiiM to come with its own calibration mic., like AVRs do, then I agree.
  9. Yorkshire Mouth

First measurements with HouseCurve app

The last part, for sure. If drmevo hadn’t accounted and compensated for the possible issues, I can see that being an issue.
  10. Yorkshire Mouth

I suppose forum members are subsequently forced to choose between your subjective opinion and Amir’s measurements. Sorry, I should say between your subjective opinion and Amir’s measurements AND the subjective opinion of everyone else I’ve seen who’ve all failed to mention such a flutter. But...
  11. Yorkshire Mouth

And yet Amir’s measurements here suggest WiiM’s EQ implementation is transparent.
  12. Yorkshire Mouth

WiiM Ultra... Am I missing something?

On your first point, if you have a USB drive, yes the WiiM Ultra will play it, and works as a media player when doing so, that’s genuinely not an issue. Regarding inputs, it has: - Wi-Fi input (for streaming) - Bluetooth input - Vinyl in - RCA in - Optical in - HDMI in - USB in That’s 7...
  13. Yorkshire Mouth

If you have a WiiM Mini you already have 4-band PEQ, soon to become 10.
  14. Yorkshire Mouth

How Is This Dolby Atmos?

I think they need to stop worrying about any further steps forward in the mix. They really need to start thinking about how to get the extra speakers into a room. There are basics they’re not getting right. You know those height modules they sell to put on your front L&R? They really should...
  15. Yorkshire Mouth

How Is This Dolby Atmos?

Another attempt to explain it, as per Matt in post 14. The older versions of sound format, going back to stereo, is that the mixer decided what goes in each channel. So with stereo, this comes out of the left speaker, whilst this comes out of the right. That’s replicated in 4.0 quad, 5.1 and...
  16. Yorkshire Mouth

How Is This Dolby Atmos?

It’s a smashing film. And, leaving Atmos aside for a second, has excellent sound design.
  17. Yorkshire Mouth

WiiM Amp Streaming Amplifier Review

Go and watch the follow up videos, then come back and we can discuss it.
  18. Yorkshire Mouth

WiiM Amp Streaming Amplifier Review

So just to be clear, whilst Erin noted the measurements, he's also double-blind tested the WiiM Amp against other amps, and couldn't notice a difference - despite testing it with a range of speakers, including a pair of KEF Meta Blades (RRP £30,000). I think WiiM will just have to take the hit...
  19. Yorkshire Mouth

(Europe) Master Deals Thread on Audio Product Sales

Topping PA5 II. The vanilla version has fallen in price at Amazon UK from £250 to £220, whilst the Plus version has fallen from £330 to £290.
  20. Yorkshire Mouth

Topping PA5 II Stereo Amplifier Review

A quick heads up. The vanilla version has fallen in price at Amazon UK from £250 to £220, whilst the Plus version has fallen from £330 to £290.
Top Bottom