Search results

1. muza_1

you have been in a coma for 2 years, which movie should you watch?

Isn't it? Just after the pandemic I stopped watching movies for no good reason, I think I got used to spend more time in the PC instead, lately I've been catching up.
  2. muza_1

you have been in a coma for 2 years, which movie should you watch?

Poor Things Dune II Perfect Days Radical Godzilla Minus One La Sociedad de la Nieve The Holdovers Mission Impossible: Dead Reckoning Part One
  3. muza_1

Best 'Bang for your buck' IEM - Poll

Mine still had a little imbalance last time I tried them but it might not be the filters though, I payed close attention this time and it was most noticeable with voices (tried some mono recordings too), so it might have been the mids (8mm?) driver only, anyway I sent them back a couple of hours...
  4. muza_1

June 2024 - Need a good transparent sounding IEM - budget $60 max

You can find them @ https://squig.link/ the search provides various independent reviewer measurements, you can also use the tool to compare with other IEMs.
  5. muza_1

I think all companies act more or less the same (some are more scrutinized than others) but at least KZ make cheap but good sounding products that have introduced a lot of people to the hobby. The Hydro is still a good IEM which works and sounds as advertised. I have read of minor problems and...
  6. muza_1

I decided to try again the Hydro with 1100 as suggested (1000,1100, are close, as far as I can tell only the bass change, 1110 adds a little bit more highs with a bit less mid-bass) and if a little bass heavy the tuning sounds good to me (the lower-highs are a bit forward though), I think I was...
  7. muza_1

Yes it is, they look the exactly the same even the glue on one side, shame on them, I just checked all my other KZ/CCA IEMs and all have the same filters with no glue residue or any thing out of the ordinary. EDIT. Even the ones on "3x pack" sales on AliExpress I got for $5 (D-Fi/ZVX) have no...
  8. muza_1

I think I found the reason for the imbalance of the Hydro and it also might affect the sound quality in some way, it has different filter in each side. Also the glue on one side is too much and noticeable. It's a shame that this happens with a $120 IEM and no with all the $5 to $20 KZ IEMs that...
  9. muza_1

Yes I tried every combination the one I liked more was 1110 (I think mid-bass was less than others but without loosing too much bass), 1100 was too mid-bassy, 1000 was similar but with less mid-bass, in 1111 mids and highs were too forward and it was the brightest one (anything with the first...
  10. muza_1

For all of you that enjoy a Harman-ish type of sound try the KZ Libra Balanced ($12) (no measurements yet), it's not just a bang for the buck IEM it's a good IEM, they look cheap, small and are almost weightless but they are well made and feel sturdy for the price, they are very comfortable, I...
  11. muza_1

Truthear Gate

I received the KZ Libra Balanced ($12) a few days ago and yes they look cheap and are nearly weightless but they are well made, sturdy and comfortable, I actually prefer them (sound wise) over the $120 CCA Hydro which are built like a tank but they are uncomfortable, big and heavy. I never had...
  12. muza_1

Has the meta on IEMs moved away from Harman's "pinna gain"?

I think it all depends on the individual, to me this kind of tuning is no good. I like the Harman pinna gain and lows but the highs are too much so starting with a Harman tuned IEM makes it really easy to EQ with less risk of distortion or artifacts. Also I think that a lot have to do with...
  13. muza_1

EPZ TP20 Pro & CCA Trio

I have the CCA Trio, I like it a lot, I have been using it almost exclusively since I got them, the sound is detailed and spacious and I like the tuning much more than the "neutral" type, the switch configuration I use is either UUUD no EQ (which lowers the highs a but add a bit bass) or UUUU...
  14. muza_1

How to measure IEMs cheap for use with AutoEQ?

I got the KZ D-Fi, ZVX ($5 each) and EDX Lite ($2) from AliExpress (3x Bundle), the ZVX is way too bass and mid-bass heavy, the EDX Lite is the worse of the three is also bass and mid-bass heavy and a bit brighter, nothing really bad with both for the price but nothing really good either, as for...
  15. muza_1

Truthear Gate

Yes, even if it's the same shape as the Hola (which looks much better) that transparent face plate combined with the branding does not look good at all.
  16. muza_1

Truthear Gate

Too much variation between measurements to have a good idea but to me looks a bit bass shy (bad) and with a bit more pinna gain and extension (good), I am ordering one out of curiosity unless is way more expensive than the Hola. Just a suggestion for anyone posting measurements, expand them to...
  17. muza_1

KZ Castor Harman Target IEM Review

The CCA Trio and the Simgot EA500lm are just one filter from each other and the Harman target. Except one is $20 and the other $90. Trio High-Shelf filter @ 3750Hz/-1.5dB EA500lm Peak filter @ 200Hz/-2.1dB/Q1 I personally prefer the Harman style of bass I don't like the mid-bass bump on the...
  18. muza_1

I am 54 years old and I can hear up to around 14-15kHz on the right ear and 12-13kHz on the left (last time I checked not too long ago) and because of an infection when I was young I am more sensible to treble and have mild tinnitus in the left also have a bit on the right but really non...
  19. muza_1

Yes I tried both DF and JM-1 on 7Hz Zero:2, Truthear Zero, Zero: RED, Hola and Moondrop Chu II all with 5128 measurements from Crinacle and all came out with too much mid-bass not enough highs and thick sounding (I wrongly refer to it as hollow in the past response) and when compared to Harman...
  20. muza_1

I think that although is not a good practice it pushes innovation to some degree they can only sell the same driver dressed differently so many times. Also I think that they are going in the right direction with the tuning switches (I cannot understand why a lot of people dislike them), how...
Top Bottom