Search results

1. GD Fan

Beer thread, what you drinkin..

Toasting a Canadian team playing for the Cup with a Canadian brew. (In a Belgian style.)
  2. GD Fan

you have been in a coma for 2 years, which movie should you watch?

That last James Bond movie was so bad I'd rather have been in a coma too. Definitely put me off movies for quite a while.
  3. GD Fan

Working too hard can give you a Heart Attack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack... My Heart Attack Story.

The avatar smoking may be all he has left! Besides, I'm pretty sure that's not a cigarette... Same here, glad to hear things are going so well in the circumstance.
  4. GD Fan

Advice: speaker for medium sized bed room

For subs, SVS tends to get some praise here including from me. I use their smallest model, SB1000, in my apartment.
  5. GD Fan

Advice: speaker for medium sized bed room

What's the use case, only music or some movies too?
  6. GD Fan

Extreme videos that you come across or have seen.

Wow, pretty sensitive especially considering you clearly didn't bother to follow the 'controversy' into which you injected yourself. The OP included a video which several members, including myself, commented on. In response to that minor spectacle, and because he is a gracious gentleman...
  7. GD Fan

Those guys looked to you like they live in a village? Look, we're not idiots here. It's just obvious to some of us how incongruous that video was to the stated subject - something that suggests acts of uncommon bravery and balls, not whistling at a sleeping bear only to shoot it a couple of...
  8. GD Fan

Tow-in definitely changed things. That swell might have been a little too sloppy (and big) without it.
  9. GD Fan

The speed and thickness of this wave used to give me occasional nightmares when I lived in LA and surfed (far smaller, gentler waves) on a regular basis.
  10. GD Fan

I'd have no problem at all shoting a bear if confronted unprovoked on a hike. But calling one for the express purpose of blowing it away is not my personal cup of tea.
  11. GD Fan

He shot the bear? What an F-ing A-hole.
  12. GD Fan

Beer thread, what you drinkin..

A new one to me.
  13. GD Fan

Don't install the new Sonos App update

And the shits of it is Sonos usually makes app updates mandatory to use the system.
  14. GD Fan

Lyngdorf MP-40 2.1 AV Processor Review

Considering the ubiquity of this class of product (albeit usually at a different price point) and the variability of their quality it is always good to see another one come under the microscope. Great review.
  15. GD Fan

Show us your guitars!

Just took the bait on a total gimmick - $17 for one pick, with extra grip in the form of granulated real diamonds. Yes, it is a gimmick, but I gotta say it is definitely the best grip any pick has ever had (I normally use 0.6 Dunlop Max Grip picks, just like Eddie used). Still not sure if it...
  16. GD Fan

Two quality centres vs Three average?

Why use center channel speakers for L & R rather than normal bookshelf speakers? If memory of the reviews serves it's far easier to get bookshelves that measure well than a center that does.
  17. GD Fan

This reminds me of the time I renamed the wifi network. Getting the Sonos speakers going on it required hard factory resets on each unit...!
  18. GD Fan

After the S1 / S2 app debacle we'll never give another dime to Sonos. It isn't functional from my perspective - music doesn't start playing from the speakers, then join in-progress one at a time with frequent cut outs. Pure garbage if you ask me.
  19. GD Fan

When did you last listen to live music

We passed on the Stones at jazz fest (and upcoming at Metlife) for that exact reason. I'm still young enough to consider myself extremely lucky to have seen them the times that I did. That said, gotta love 'em for still being out there. P.S. Keb Mo has been a long-time favorite too.
  20. GD Fan

When did you last listen to live music

Today was the fifth 'Free Dead in the Park' fundraiser show. Second time I've attended. Always a fashion show, the people watching never disappoints.
Top Bottom