Search results

1. MaxBuck

Benchmark ABH2 Replacement

If someone believes that listening to music while gazing lovingly at one's bright, shiny Accuphase amplifier is a more pleasurable experience than listening to the same music while looking at a Benchmark ABH2, who am I to argue with them?
  2. MaxBuck

New Matrix Audio MS Series

The streamer is a stunning piece of hardware. If I had twenty times my current net worth, I'd replace my Node with one. But it's too expensive for me to justify.
  3. MaxBuck

The Audio Pro Link 2 streamer - Any experiences and impressions available?

Uh huh. ETA: I understand that different filters might influence the produced sound, though I'm unclear why. Certainly when I switch filters (sighted) on my D30Pro, I perceive a difference. But again, it's sighted.
  4. MaxBuck

Favorite Drummers

My wife dragged me to a Janet Jackson concert last night ... that turned out to be really good. But her drummer Mike Reid was awesome. Just incredible pyrotechnics when the music demanded it. I'm going to seek out his recordings.
  5. MaxBuck

Hypothetical Question - Best speaker for equal to or less than $15K USD

For all that's been written about the Dutch&Dutch, the Mesanovic RTM10 compares extremely favorably, and at lower cost. I'd love to hear them.
  6. MaxBuck

Can someone list high quality, affordable DACs that have HDMI inputs?

It allows one to input digital audio output from a television set into one's hifi rig.
  7. MaxBuck

What is the worst speaker you've ever heard?

A buddy loaned me his Definitive Technology towers when I was waiting for my KEF R11s to arrive. I hooked them up, listened for a minute or two and decided I could wait a week or two to listen to any more music. Yikes, they were awful.
  8. MaxBuck

What cables do you use in your systems?

HQ = brass is not an equation that works well for interconnect cabling, however.
  9. MaxBuck

Carver Raven 350 Review (Tube Amp)

You should like whatever you like, and good for you, but these tube amplifiers are not high fidelity. Not by today's standards, at any rate.
  10. MaxBuck

Serious Question: How can DAC's have a SOUND SIGNATURE if they measure as transparent? Are that many confused?

I don't have the resources for using REW, and even if I did it would require a learning curve that, at my age, I have no interest in. Not sure how much effort it took to deliver me my answer on a platter, but I did express my appreciation, after all. I don't believe I argued with anyone except...
  11. MaxBuck

GoldenSounds passes apparently ABX test for DACs (NOT Really)

True, but again: DACs offer a variety of features, including many filter selections. Chord seems to offer unusually sharp cutoff filters with very deep attenuation, a feature that doesn't seem to get much run here.
  12. MaxBuck

Serious Question: How can DAC's have a SOUND SIGNATURE if they measure as transparent? Are that many confused?

You have finally provided the explanation I sought. Graphical examples are SO much more helpful than self-important insults, I find.
  13. MaxBuck

Definition: static is invariant with time, whereas dynamic varies with time. In engineering one studies statics and dynamics as systems in this manner. That's why dynamics involves acceleration (unequal force), whereas dynamics involves none (balanced forces). By the way, apparently this is...
  14. MaxBuck

The amplitude of an 8-Hz sine wave is indeed time variant. But if the amplitude and frequency both remain constant, I see the signal as static. Perhaps the issue is that audio measurements can be both dynamic and static at the same time, depending upon what one is measuring.
  15. MaxBuck

You are limiting your discussion to the idea that amplitude varies in the time domain, which is obviously correct. But where I differ can be explained by an analogy: a vehicle traveling at constant velocity. Its position in XYZ obviously varies, but there is no acceleration. One can discuss the...
  16. MaxBuck

Maybe instead of insults you could try to clarify your earlier comments. This response is not worthy of you.
Top Bottom