Search results

1. Golfx

Perlisten Owners' Lounge - Discuss all things Perlisten.

Alan March sells high quality Class D amps in Australia=March Audio.
  2. Golfx

Audioholics Speaker Reviews

I have not seen him criticized on AH. I have seen naive criticism on AVS and i was one of his defenders. I didn’t see him pop in though. I am not saying you are wrong. I just have not seen that. My question about “why do that” was directed against you and Amir. Why recruit other ASR members...
  3. Golfx

And that is what the measurements are for—peer review rebuttals.
  4. Golfx

So as a difference this “plenty of critcism” about Amir’s techniques are coming to him on this website. Not moved to another website where the only defenders are dual members. Perhaps PM to James could give you detailed answers without recruiting other ASR members to join in your criticisms...
  5. Golfx

All those things you are writing could be true from your pointed viewpoint about notional reviewers but not James. You have already made your decision regarding what you believe you know. But that is not what is happening. Jame did not shy away from pointing out the weaknesses in sound...
  6. Golfx

We are on different forum website, that you own and founded, discussing perceived differences in how to review speakers about another website. You are not a casual posting member but the founder of this website. You have both expert authority and positional authority to recruit followers to...
  7. Golfx

Well if you read all of the reviews over the years you discover he is actually professionally polite and doesn’t really want to drive a steak through the heart of a manufacturer with bluntness. Hence why would a future manufacturer submit a speaker to a tyrant if you don’t know how it will...
  8. Golfx

Are you really criticizing a competitor in an open forum—kind of poor form I think.
  9. Golfx

And another veiled smear on the credibility of AH by another poster. Please watch the above posted video. Of course you will not come away with a changed positive opinion because you have already stated your bias.
  10. Golfx

To answer an earlier question you made, yes I am protecting AH, as I have you on other forums and Erin as well on other forums. It is too easy for a random poster to smear a reviewer with the veiled accusation of being paid for a favorable review. It sits there for all to read for ever. So...
  11. Golfx

Perlisten Owners' Lounge - Discuss all things Perlisten.

That is a great amp and will easily drive your speakers.
  12. Golfx

You are insightful and welcome to the thread.
  13. Golfx

Trying to relate my point of view to you has been futile.
  14. Golfx

You still see only your point of view. Why should your suggestions be given special significance? If you feel so strongly about this, like I suggested earlier, give your ideas a try and start your own website.
  15. Golfx

Perhaps you should reread your posts instead of playing innocent
  16. Golfx

Again. You see no grasp that hinting at the “perception of corruption” of a reviewer is not innocent nor is suggesting to Gene that he needs his readers. Kind of a veiled lesson in how he should treat you. That set him off. Reminding you that you were reading for free. And as the above...
  17. Golfx

I seem to remember a slight bit of competitive dust up between you and Gene.
  18. Golfx

I refer to my comments above. He was answered. He seems genuinely stunned that his suggestions didn’t provide positive acceptance and immediate praise.
  19. Golfx

You still do not get why/how you were unloved on the other website. Your naive views at the very best insulted Gene’s intellect and his experienced business model and at the worst insinuated his business model left him open to your perceived chance of corruption—hinting industry might be...
  20. Golfx

Denon X4700H or Marantz Cinema 50?

Most people choose Marantz because of prior loyalty and marketing claims. I have always owned Denon (A110) equivalents in my past. Denon equivalents will be cheaper and likely just as well built.
Top Bottom