Search results

1. ZolaIII

heart condition

Continental EU and part of the Balkans mostly is where I knew it grows. Edit: actually you gave me idea to try to make jam from it (if I found enough of the fruit) which I never tried before as one from rose hips is my favourite (and rather hard to make).
  2. ZolaIII

heart condition

Well it depends from the forest if it's spontaneous in a dense forest will not be big (5~6 m high), but if it is planted in a planned way with preparation, it will grow quite a lot (10+ m). It grows relatively fast and is considered an industrial wood for this reason. Fruit is more like from...
  3. ZolaIII

heart condition

My dad got his diabetes under control (uper higher limit values, around 6 most of the time now) with that tea in less than a year of use and it's permanent for now cuple of years already but it's easy to get it around hire as it grows freely in the woods. It's remarkable tree in many ways...
  4. ZolaIII

heart condition

Ice tea from Sorbus Torminalis inside crusts with a bit of Stevia for you! Seriously try to find the tea, I know it won't be easy in US but regarding diabetes it's very good on the long run. It doesn't taste bad but it should stand a little longer, put a tablespoon of grated bark in a cup and...
  5. ZolaIII

KEF R3 alternative for lower volumes

Meh low self filter (PEQ) @ 100~105 Hz will do the job just fine (as it does with headphones) too a point when slight boost in highs is also needed (which also can be implemented with similar sloping filter up there). What it can't do is limit impact to transition range and ensure that it scales...
  6. ZolaIII

Elac DBR62 as cheap and not much worse nor smaller regarding woofer size, again pair of sub's (2.2), capable DSP and lot of work.
  7. ZolaIII

A pair of sub's high crossed (120 Hz) with those or other speakers in 2.2 setup and proper implemented equal loudness compensation to low 60's fairly good and low 50's good enough (not to mention bass improvement in higher SPL). Not easy nor cheap but high low bass boost won't translate good to...
  8. ZolaIII

Looking for Bookshelf Speakers with Clarity and Brightness for Nearfield Listening

Didn't get you first part? Any half deacent measurement microphone will be good to let's say 5 KHz, 7 KHz with little bit of effort and even if off over that it wouldn't be by far so much not to show general picture in the room. Second hand will also be fine old or a new ARC USB one you probably...
  9. ZolaIII

Consequence of headphones being driven from a high impedance source?

Depends on driver type and specific driver. In case of dynamic drivers as most used ones it will have impact in bass area (higher level) but there are and those (even low impedance one's) where it's so small that it's not meaningful. A database with regular constant amplifier impedance effects...
  10. ZolaIII

Looking for Bookshelf Speakers with Clarity and Brightness for Nearfield Listening

Yamahas have relatively aggressive power protection which can be pain in... but it does save amplifier. Can you get a deacent measurement microphone? It doesn't have to be UMIK-1. To see what are you getting out of the room. I have Q3030i in little smaller room (4 m long, rest is pretty much...
  11. ZolaIII

My dongle search rabbit hole

I can't stop laughing! Standards are there, it's another question why most of OEM's are incapable of doing either drivers or device's properly. You are just spoiled and over thinking while not thinking at all. How will cheap "desktop" stereo DAC be better than dongle one or have better warenty &...
  12. ZolaIII

Adding a subwoofer affecting the preference score (and also eq)

You didn't really answer any of my questions. It's about 1 & ⅓ of octave from 80 Hz to 20 Hz and real peaks (big ones) go down to 30~35 Hz in some gernes. Every speaker will benefit from a good sub, really good one's (big three ways) will profit less than mid size two way bookshelf's. My humble...
  13. ZolaIII

What amplifier do you have and what you hope to achieve? What's the length of the room and listening distance? I would go with an " bigger and then that depends on budget and where you are. Pair of sub's in 2.2 setup is preferable if you ask me. You will need placement close to the back wall in...
  14. ZolaIII

It's not if - then. That's why you always look at measurements plots and see where the deviations from supposed perfect score (which doesn't exist nor a perfect subwoofer of course) are and how easy/hard is to correct them (crossovers done good, highs no pronounced anomalies in mids, bass in...
  15. ZolaIII

Many questions about headphones.

1 & 2 no, 3 probably, 4 those all would be preferred pluses, 5 you can't push something that can not do something to do it or at best it will do it bad. 6 yes you want it as close to your own preference as possible Auto-EQ still has a lot of development ahead of it, 7; fit, comfort, build...
  16. ZolaIII

Elac Debut Reference DBR-62 Speaker Review

1) try starting with Yamaha R-S/A-S 20x series and that's good (enough) old class AB. 2) - 7 dB on 12.5 KHz is fine with me, it will really depend on room and it holds to up to 17 KHz. Advice is that you look how little there is in recorded music above 12~12.5 KHz in the first place. 3) very...
  17. ZolaIII

Elac Debut Reference DBR-62 Speaker Review

Not even remotely! This is what you can do with very, very much effort and time invested in with very minimal budget and great majority of it went into cabinet. And that is if you are veteran designer who pretty much did it all from golden days to now and luckily enough to push it up to the end...
  18. ZolaIII

DAP with replaceable battery

It's not all that easy to try them out and sometimes ain't possible to do so. If you have developed preference you read about it from someone who has a similar preference along with measurements. You look for; fit, comfort, seal, low distortion, sensitivity, build quality and of course FR. Main...
  19. ZolaIII

Refreshing movies worth watching

https://m.imdb.com/title/tt10442352/ Somehow I needed this, whole world did. It's nice and music ain't bad so give it a go.
  20. ZolaIII

Why can't this be easier?

What software or hardware? If software which OS?
Top Bottom