Search results for query: portable dac

1. amirm

TempoTec Sonata BHD Pro Portable DAC & Amp Review

This is a review and detailed measurements of the TempoTec Sonata BHD Pro portable DAC and headphone amplifier. It was sent to me by the company and costs US $70. I really like the fresh look of the BHD. There is a red LED that lights up the tiny ICs in there, giving it some elegance. There...
  2. amirm

self powered DAC's and AMPS

Do you need to have it be small and portable? If so, any headphone adapter i recommend will do the job. Otherwise, there are desktop dacs that are USB powered. Topping D10s comes to mind: https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/topping-d10-balanced-review-usb-dac.25094/
  3. amirm

self powered DAC's and AMPS

??? How would it self power? With a battery? If so, there are some of those as well. Not sure if the topping is still available: https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/review-and-measurements-of-topping-nx4-dsd-dac-and-portable-headphone-amplifier.3507/ I have tested a...
  4. amirm

TempoTec Sonata BHD, a better budget option than the HD Pro?

Review posted: https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/tempotec-sonata-bhd-portable-dac-amp-review.47929/
  5. amirm

Shanling M0 Pro DAP Review

This is a review, measurements and listening tests of the Shanling M0 Pro digital audio player and DAC. It is on kind loan from a member and costs US $129.99 on Amazon. As you see, this is a very diminutive player, easily fitting in your pocket weighing almost nothing. Music is stored on...
  6. amirm

Meizu Mblu Lifeme Pro Portable DAC/Amp Review

This is a review, listening test and measurements of the Meizu Mblu Lifeme portable DAC and headphone amplifier. It is on kind loan from a member and costs US $23. Not much to say about the form factor other than it terminates in 3.5mm unbalanced headphone connection. If you are not familiar...
  7. amirm

TANCHJIM Space Portable Headphone Adapter Review

This is a review, listening test and detailed measurements of the TANCHJIM Space portable DAC and balanced headphone adapter. It was sent to me by the company and costs US $90. I like the transparent window so that you can see the insides. There is an LED that lights up there when you reach...
  8. amirm

Topping G5 Review (Portable DAC & HP Amp)

This is a review and detailed measurements of the Topping G5 portable, battery operated DAC, headphone amplifier with bluetooth. It was sent to me by the company and costs US $299. The G5 comes in a super stout metal enclosure. It is on the heavy side for a portable product (2 to 4 times...
  9. amirm

TempoTec Sonata BHD Pro Portable DAC & Amp Review

There are plenty of examples of such implementations producing poor performance. Dealing with noisy USB right next to the DAC is non-trivial. Many dongles have polluted output as a result. Here you can clearly see USB interference: And here is the item in this review: You see the...
  10. amirm

Chord Hugo 2 Review (Portable DAC & HP Amp)

...Output drive gracefully degrades: Sorry, have not had time to listen to the unit but I expect it to sound excellent. Conclusions As a portable DAC+headphone amplifier, the Hugo 2 has superb performance. As a Desktop product, its USB noise sensitivity is disappointing but otherwise...
  11. amirm

Emotiva Big Ego+ Portable DAC & HP Review

This is a review and detailed measurements of the Emotiva Big Ego+ USB stereo portable DAC and headphone amplifier. It was kindly sent to me by a member costs US $79.10 from company website. For a portable product it is quite large but that also makes it a better fit for desktop use. Compared...
  12. amirm

Centrance R4 Portable Audio Interface Review

This is a review and detailed measurements of the Centrance R4 portable audio interface/mixer. It is on kind loan from member and cost US $449 when it was available. The R4 is well built and controls have a quality feel to them. There useful indicators and lots of functionality: I am going to...
  13. amirm

CHORD Mojo 2 Review (Portable DAC & HP Amp)

This is a review and detailed measurements of the CHORD Mojo 2 portable, battery operated stereo DAC and headphone amplifier. It is on kind loan from a member and costs US $799. The Mojo 2 is solidly built. While I am definitely not a fan of multi-color interface, the buttons feel better in...
  14. amirm

FiiO BTR7 Review (Portable DAC & HP Amp)

This is a review and detailed measurements of the FiiO BTR7 portable battery operated USB & Bluetooth DAC and THX balanced headphone amplifier. It is on kind loan from a member and costs US $199.99. A bright, high contrast IPS LCD greets you with lovely/star-trek style fonts which I liked very...
  15. amirm

What is the point of a J-test

It is true that the test signal started for one purpose and we are using it "off label." While it sometimes unearths jitter over Toslink/Coax, it is generally used to see internal interference in the DAC. Take USB. It has a sub-packet timing that runs at 1 kHz. Often we see this in the...
  16. amirm

Shanling UA2 Aborted Review (DAC & Amp)

Updated review just posted: https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/shanling-ua2-review-portable-headphone-amp-dac.35982/
  17. amirm

Monoprice DAC & Amp Dongle Review

This is a review and detailed measurements of the Monolith by Monoprice USB DAC (29512) portable DAC and headphone amplifier. It was kindly sent to me by a member and is on sale for US $60. I like the volume control on the right. Other than that, there is not much else to it. Monolith by...
  18. amirm

Shanling UA2 Review (portable headphone amp & dac)

Actually the most common use is IEMs which are quite sensitive. So it matters even more here.
  19. amirm

Topping G5 Review (Portable DAC & HP Amp)

I already showed this to be the case on G5: https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/topping-g5-review-portable-dac-hp-amp.36542/page-7#post-1283962
  20. amirm

Audioquest Pearl USB Cable Review

It is not a big difference. USB interference is situation dependent and comes and goes. I will update the review thread when I get home. Note the well designed usb implementations don't have this issue. They always work right.
Top Bottom