Search results

1. DEALUX

GoldenSounds passes apparently ABX test for DACs (NOT Really)

Those headphones have very weird interactions with actual human heads (i.e. lots of positional variance) and seal also appears to be an issue. It's not the measured frequency response. It's the FR you get on your head that matters and it's not 1:1 with the rig.
  2. DEALUX

Possibly but on open backs you get a ton of masking if there's ambient noise in your surroundings.
  3. DEALUX

It doesn't matter. Most of the headphones in his collection are tuned like garbage. That matters a lot more than a filter.
  4. DEALUX

Was the clickbait video title used for views or is he going to use this to employ his usual snake oil marketing tactics to promote his favorite brands? Because there is a long way from "I can hear a slight difference in DAC filters" to "this DAC sounds more detailed" and other subjective nonsense.
  5. DEALUX

Ending the Windows Audio Quality Debate

Why is the RME built in DSP worse than Equalizer APO?
  6. DEALUX

The most overrated and underrated headphone you tried?

A stock HD600 absolutely trashes it for timbre. Things sound a lot clearer and more natural. I don't think I ever got them to sound like that with EQ. And no, they do not seal by design:
  7. DEALUX

Artificial timbre. I used many EQ profiles and they still kinda sounded like shit. Plus they're not designed to make bass. A bass shelf doesn't give you more bass impact on a headphone that leaks (probably intentionally). The highs just sounded shit all around. Strings, vocals, you name it...
  8. DEALUX

Most overrated is probably the HD800. Thin, plasticky sound but I guess they have a gimmick with the "wide" sound. Although I don't think it sounds realistic or clear. Most underrated for me right now is the JBL Tune 710/720 BT. Very cheap wireless headphone that is very compliant with Harman...
  9. DEALUX

DACs with built in PEQ like RME?

Are there any other good DACs that have built in DSP (full parametric) like the RME ADI-2? The RME is nice but it doesn't have the most powerful headphone output.
  10. DEALUX

Topping D70 Pro Sabre DAC Review

Is the Bluetooth connection for input only?
  11. DEALUX

Review and Measurements of Benchmark HPA4 Headphone Amp/Pre

That makes sense because you couldn't control the output so precisely with the volume knob.
  12. DEALUX

That's not the measurement that matters.
  13. DEALUX

Are there any amps in Amir's database that measure as clean as the HPA4? It doesn't seem like it. Even the top of the line Topping stuff has 4-5 dB worse distortion across the board.
  14. DEALUX

Hifiman Sundara Review (headphone)

Over ears will never be as good as $110 IEMs.
  15. DEALUX

Best 'Bang for your buck' IEM - Poll

Probably for the most cohesive tuning and best overall separation and precision, I would have to go for the Etymotic ER2 with the triple flange tips and a deep fit. There's just something about that smooth liquid sound that I have yet to experience on other IEMs or even headphones. However, the...
  16. DEALUX

Sennheiser HD560s Owner's Thread.

But the graph is wrong. Edit: Unless you meant 560S. There is a peak at 7-8 even in your graph.
  17. DEALUX

From oratory's reddit FAQ:
  18. DEALUX

6K, 8-9K, and 11 or 13K peaks are common on a lot of headphones. The DT990 has all of them lol. The 560S to my ear only has a bit of sibilance at 8 or 9K but very little masking from that because I can hear the upper treble quite clearly unlike on headphones like the Sundara. The most clear...
  19. DEALUX

I don't think it's the angle. From listening tests, I correlate enhanced imaging with 9K and 11K peaks (my HRTF must also have those). The 560S has a 9K peak and vocals sound a bit more vivid as a result as well as a lot of other instruments but it is a bit harsh.
Top Bottom