Search results

1. B

Denon AVR-X4700 AVR Review (Updated)

Thank you for the warm welcome. I think this forum has already saved me £700! By the way, I did some listening with the volume turned right up with ATV as source, and it sounded fantastic. I now realise I was that what I thought might be 48kHz re sampling was simply listening at low volumes...
  2. B

If anyone's interested I’ve now Frankensteined a partial alternative to the Eversolo, using an old fire tablet, Home Assistant, and the kiosk app . It displays album art of whatever is playing on the Apple TV, and has buttons which trigger playlists on the Apple TV (levarging homekit). Since...
  3. B

Thank you for sharing! A quick question on DRC - I'd always saw this divide people for movies, and have always left it off. Is it farily well accepted then as a good thing to activate for music? This curve indeed looks impressive. From memory there were some db offset options for DRC regarding...
  4. B

Wow. Really leaning away now...! Can you suggest where to follow this? Wasn't sure if was this forum somewhere?
  5. B

Lol. Honestly this is appreciated. I quite want to persuade my wife now to blind test me on 44.1 vs 48 re-sampling. Just to put it to rest for myself. Things get generally a lot easier if don't have to worry about 48 kHz. And indeed the Apple TV as a solution I now realise needs further...
  6. B

Interesting. Thank you. Actually, I have always used the denon app to disable correction above 300Hz or so, since I was never confident in how it was correcting my room above that. It didn't occur could do the same for music too.
  7. B

Hah - that's exactly what I've been doing the last few weeks. Using a dedicated Apple TV for this, on it's own input. It's a bit obsessive I know but it bothers me that all 44.1kHz music will be upsampled to 48kHz. Though I've never blind tested myself on this and wouldn't be at all surprised...
  8. B

It's a very good point. To date I have always done my 2 channel listening in pure direct mode, thereby bypassing the audyssey DSP. I have always been wary of getting "used to" how my music sounds under a particular calbiration because I know how variable different Audyssey calibrations are. 2...
  9. B

Many thanks for sharing this experience. The sticking point for me is Apple Music, which our family is invested in now don't want to change away from anytime soon.... I hadn't realised until recently that Apple Music from iOS over Airplay 2 (including to the 4700) is down-sampled from...
  10. B

Thank you. Sorry to be clear I have the 4700, I'm not weighing up buying an AVR. I'm specifically interested in this streamer for the apple music implementation + screen, and don't mind paying for that. (I appreciate 95% of the features would be found in something like a Wiim Pro). I'm not...
  11. B

Hi all, Happy 4700 owner here. I'm planning on getting a streamer DAC (specifically the eversolo DMP-A6). I am unsure whether I should be better of connecting the streamer DAC to the 4700 via digital (and using therefore using the 4700 DAC), or taking advantage of the reportedly quite nice...
Top Bottom