Search results

1. R

YONGSE Y01 Balanced Headphone Adapter Review

T You're right. I corrected my post above.
  2. R

(EDITED: There is no IMD vs level) Look around the THD+N vs level plot at 300 ohm. There is obviously something wrong at lower levels. We don't have linearity measurement, so not sure what it's about. Also, if I'm not mistaken, Dynamic range is using CCIR-2k weighting, which emphasizes...
  3. R

Seems to vary with your location Here is what I see when clicking on your link.
  4. R

Yes, 13€ here Don't know where they got that 128dB SNR figure from.. Maybe from the DAC chip specs? Obviously, the reality is far off...
  5. R

Lyngdorf MP-40 2.1 AV Processor Review

Well, it doesn't seem too bad, objectively, if you compare with similar products. You have to consider the category and the functionalities. Of course, the price is sky high.
  6. R

Lyngdorf MP-40 2.1 AV Processor Review

That's interesting. @amirm Is that an indication that there is some kind of Expander at play at low volume ? I suppose the device includes a DSP anyway, so it's possible, isn't it ? (Well, if they were doing that, I suppose the effect would have been much stronger..) Didn't you measure...
  7. R

32ch DAC? Best bang for buck in the top tier?

Sum with transformers. So you're looking or low frequency distortion. You know you may add the same effect with plug-ins ? By the way, it's strange to be concerned with SINAD if your goal is to add distortion. Good SNR, sure. But THD you don't care, do you ?
  8. R

Audiophonics HPA-S400ET or something else? [suggestion]

Did you have a look at the AUDIOPHONICS LPA-S400ET ? it's 1190 € now, so 200€ less than the bigger box version.
  9. R

Audiophonics HPA-S400ET or something else? [suggestion]

I agree. Those sharp edge on the initial box version are really too sharp. Fortunately, I don't have to move the amp too often... And the new box seems better.
  10. R

RME ADI-2/4 Pro SE

Well, it's Class Compliant and it works from my Android smartphone, so I guess so. From the manual : "CC-Mode Choices are Stereo and Multi-channel. The ADI-2/4 Pro SE supports two Class Compliant modes: 2 channel I/O, which allows to use sample rates up to 768 kHz even with iOS devices, and...
  11. R

RME ADI-2/4 Pro SE Filter Response Measurements

I use a slightly different method. Of course, 2 devices are needed, and the ADC has to run at higher sampling rate. But I keep both DAC and ADC in sync, using SPDIF link between them. Then I'm able to use a higher sampling frequency on the ADC as long as it's a multiple of the DAC frequency...
  12. R

FFT Size impact on Noise level in Virtins Multi Instrument 3.8 ? - FIXED in v3.9

Agree that's not helping visual evaluation. Their goal is to measure several things with one measurement: Frequency response, all types of Distortion (and at the frequency the impact will be heard, not at the base frequency like THD), noise, and even Crosstalk. And with a signal closer to real...
  13. R

FFT Size impact on Noise level in Virtins Multi Instrument 3.8 ? - FIXED in v3.9

Well, that's usually what I do. Also, REW and Multi Instrument allow an automatic alignment of the test signal frequency with FFT bins. Audioprecision's multi tone 32 signal may also be aligned with bins. The benefit is that you may not need a Window function (when using a window function...
  14. R

Well, except if you use Audio Precision's Multitone 32 signal. It's perfectly aligned with FFT bins, and if you have ADC and DUT in sync, you'll be able to use double the FFT size the test signsl was created for and sum energy of all odd order FFT bins to get a measurement of noise without any...
  15. R

What changes with number of FFT bins is the apparent level of the noise on the FFT plot. If you plot the above at, say, 256k FFT size, you'll see a corresponding decrease of apparent noise floor. But as said above, the total RMS noise measure for, say, 20Hz-20kHz will remain unchanged (except if...
  16. R

Topping D10S only outputs 1 channel

Hi Patrick I'm not sure I understand. You may want to use the following usual diagnostic method: 1. Swap the cable L and R channels at DAC side If muted channel changes in your speakers, the DAC has a problem. If nothing changes, the DAC is OK and something else is wrong at the cable or...
  17. R

Review: Apple vs Google USB-C Headphone Adapters

?? It doesn't seem to work for me. Or I don't know how to do it.
  18. R

My wife has an iPad. I'll give it a try.
  19. R

A2155 -20dB (50mV) 16 ohm SINAD A2049 -26dB (50mV) 16 ohm SINAD (ADC is the RME UFX III - Mic inputs 40dB gain - for the above) NB: @staticV3 Your measurements are 20Hz-20kHz, the above are <10Hz-24kHz, which gives a 0.8dB lower SNR (and SINAD) for a flat white noise. So they are coherent.
Top Bottom