Search results

1. S

Audio stutters with USB Dacs on Macbook M1 Pro

Mea culpa. I've done further testing and the "bit-perfect tests keep failing" in my Apple MacBook Air M1 setup simply have been solved swapping the USB cable with one of 2 meter. Until now I've tested with cables 3 or 5 meter long that seem reputable (Supra Excalibur or TE Connectivity, all...
  2. S

Serious Question: How can DAC's have a SOUND SIGNATURE if they measure as transparent? Are that many confused?

Hi, I'm not sure if your reply is for my post. My English is be very bad so I could have misunderstood. Anyway I've just joined the forum. My post could be not in-topic or troll-like, but it wanted to be a personal confirm from newbie that the audio measurements have changed my audio experience...
  3. S

Serious Question: How can DAC's have a SOUND SIGNATURE if they measure as transparent? Are that many confused?

Hi, just inserted in my chain JDS Atom DAC 2. I was used to listen to NAIM DAC V1 which new in Italy was priced at 9x the JDS unit and I've purchased used at 5x the price of the JDS. NAIM is considered to have a sound signature, PRAT etc. Perhaps a bit unfair because NAIM DAC was engineered...
  4. S

connecting JPS LABS Atom Amp 2 to MacBook Air headphone out

Hi All, is it OK connecting JPS LABS Atom Amp 2 to MacBook Air M1 (first edition) headphone out, pushing to the max the volume slider on MacOS and using only the volume slider of the Amp? I'm asking because I would not risk to damage the Amp input, overloading it. Cheers, Stefano
  5. S

Someone that has the stutter issue could test if using the adapter it disappears. From my side, I cannot reproduce exactly the stutter issue in my M1 Air because I've not a USB audio recording device, anyway I guess that the fact that the bit-perfect tests keep failing connecting the USB DAC...
  6. S

Exactly. No more issues using that.
  7. S

Hello. Similar issue with M1 MacBook Air and Naim DAC-V1 USB2 DAC. DAC-V1 has a test mode for testing bit-perfect playback. If I connect DAC-V1 to Apple USB-C to USB adapter, the test fails everytime (dropouts?), if I connect DAC-V1 to Apple multiport adapter that adds a USB-2 HUB to the USB...
Top Bottom