Search results

1. S

SMSL SP400 Review (headphone amp)

If worry so much about the heat on the SP400 just put a 140mm usb fan (a silent one for pc cases) in front of it. Or next to it. You can power it with a usb charger or a powerbank. I used to do that with a old Yamaha receiver during very hot summer days .
  2. S

SMSL SP400 Review (headphone amp)

I did put some audio feet under mine so there is more airflow. Mine does get „warm“ after multiple hours but I would hardly call it hot :)
  3. S

The Death of Windows 10

I hate using windows at work. MacOS and Linux at home. Even my 60 year parents have no problems with Ubuntu.
  4. S

Mac Mini vs. Roon Nucleus One as roon server?

The nucleus one will probably be a bit weak if you start DSD upsampling , convolution filters, multiroom streaming. I run a M1 MacBook as my roon server for some time now and no issues at all. A new Mac mini with M2/M4 (shouldn’t be that long) with 16gb of ram should be a awesome roon...
  5. S

FLUX Mentor - teardown, inside pictures and a few measurements

They make amazing equipment for sure :)
  6. S

Fosi Audio V3 Mono Amplifier Review

Yeah let’s keep adding stuff to the landfills with more and more throwaway stuff. :)
  7. S

Comments and tests on a LM audio MIN400A China made Purify inspired amplifier.

With all the manufacturers in the EU/UK/US that have great support and are not much more expensive, i don’t get why someone would buy a amp like this from china. Especially if you end up messing around with the internals bring the performance up to a competitive level.
  8. S

Looking for brands of DAC/Amp stacks that have matching, stackable Power Amps that I can add later. Prioritizing build quality and clean, simple looks

For this money you could as well get a nice integrated class A/B amp with subwoofer out from rotel / Yamaha
  9. S

What cartridges are compatible with Pro Ject Automat A1?

I would be interested in trying the Bronze. But at the price they asking for the bronze you might as well get a AT VM740ML (a lot cheaper) or a AT VM750SH (still a bit cheaper)
  10. S

Singxer SU-6 + RME ADi2 DAC FS V3

SA1 50 degrees Celsius? lol ? I run mine in high gain and pretty loud as well with planar headphones. It gets maybe a bit warm if you touch it. But this thing is not even close to 35 degrees after multiple hours . There is nothing I would say sounds creamy.
  11. S

Reliability and build quality of Chinese Vs. Western Amps and DACs? Can you reliably get 15+ years out of a Topping Stack? Or SMSL? Singxer?

Western gear can also fail. But I consider myself lucky, never had anything fail on me from Chinese or western manufacturers (most of it made in china). My SMSL gear (SP400 , D300) is still doing fine since day one. Also my Singxer SA1. I can’t say anything bad about my Cambridge CXN v2 and...
  12. S

Singxer SU-6 + RME ADi2 DAC FS V3

The singxer is not really a class A amp. If you really push the amp it will switch to AB. (Not that it makes a difference). I also use the singxer SA1 and a SMSL SP400 (thx amp) and there is zero difference in soundquality.
  13. S

New Ortofon "Concorde Music" Cartridges

Why would someone use this cartridge over a regular one? Is the shape special?
  14. S

New phono cart needed

maybe post a couple pictures of the frequency response :)
  15. S

Objective Differences Between Technics G & GR Models

I was on the fence between SL1500C (black Friday sale 829 euro new) and the GR , can’t remember the price of the GR but it was still around 1400 euro. And I would have needed a phono stage (so at least another 100-200€). Didn’t seem to be worth it considering the limitations of Vinyl. Slapped...
  16. S

Nice turntables. Attached picture is an absolute requirement.

AT VM95ML cartridge Upgrade happened already:) also more LPs :)
  17. S

The Courteous Vinyl Playback Discussion

Well I’m kinda done with Blue Note Classics , and most new LPs reissues. Literally returned every Blue note classic and a bunch more from other labels. Verve AS series didn’t disappoint me yet. But they are overpriced as well in Europe. Only used vintage stuff from now on. Just placed a...
  18. S

The Courteous Vinyl Playback Discussion

received recently yet another blue note reissue LP made by Optimal and while the LP sounds mostly fine the first track on one side has a bit of distortion that sounds like scratching sounds. is this long line in the picture that looks like needle scratches "non-fill"? so annoying to receive...
  19. S

New phono cart needed

Audio Trchnica VM95ML .. ML stylus with cartridge for under 200 bucks
Top Bottom