Search results

1. S

Master thread on building an affordable and high performing audio analyzer utilizing the E1DA Cosmos ADCiso (crowd sourced)

2. Here is an excelent web page detailing of how to make amplifier measurements with E1DA Cosmos ADC https://www.openaudiolab.com/measuring-amps/ It is really informative that at first the author was taking measurements just one channel loaded and got much better results than Amir. Then he...
  2. S

E1DA Cosmos ADC

Apparently it also happens in Finland, I tried two different operators I have access to (don't have VPN).
  3. S

E1DA Cosmos ADC

@IVX , what's up with the E1DA Audio Store, can't find the Cosmos ADC anymore.
  4. S

Topping DM7 8-Channel DAC Review

Can any owner confirm that DM7 really requires custom driver to ouput 8-channels in Windows 11 and 10. I find this a little strange, as I could swear 8-channel output works in my Asus Xonar u7 mkII without custom driver. I quess I have to check that Windows has not automatically downloaded...
  5. S

Thanks for the information on the default volume setting @dartinbout, but could you also confirm what happens to the custom volume setting (ie. -15db) in case of boot or power loss, is the custom setting retained, or does it revert to the default -30dB volume.
  6. S

I asked this from Topping and this is their reply. I would still appreciate if some dm7 owner could verify this. Personally I would have preferred the default volume to be even lower, -40dB for example, but I quess -30dB is OK.
  7. S

Does anyone know where the preamp mode volume defaults to and does it retain the set volume after complete power loss? As most, I would like to use this to control DIY active speakers, so it would be rather dangerous if the volume could accidentally rise to -0dB. In my current setup I use...
  8. S

Sabaj A1 2022 stereo integrated amplifier measurements

I just remembered that a while back I had seen another output impedance measurement for the MA12070 and it was the Topping PA3s. It was measured by Wolf of L7Audiolab and the output impedance was about 0,011Ohm https://www.l7audiolab.com/f/topping-pa3s-prototype/ Considerably better than...
  9. S

Sabaj A1 2022 stereo integrated amplifier measurements

Thank you for the review and especially for the output impedance measurement. I was just recently looking for output impedance specs for MA12070 based amps, but could not find any. I wish Amir would also include them in his reviews. The importance of damping factor has been largely downplayed at...
  10. S

Felston DD740 Review (Digital Audio Delay)

Just thinking, this could be a lot more useful if it could also act as a digital volume control. It would be easy for a simple PCM input, but re-coding Dolby Digital and DTS would be more challenging.
  11. S

SMSL D300 Review (Balanced DAC)

Isn't the perfomance loss of one bit (19 vs 18bit) equal to performance loss of 6dB. I see only a loss of 1dB :) Thanks for the review Amir.
  12. S

Meier Corda Aria Review (DAC & Headphone Amp)

Thank you Amir for the interesting review. Nice to see that Jan's old producs were so well engineered, I still have the much cheaper Corda Swing model. It would be very interesting to see how his newer producs perform in comparison, especially the amplifiers equipped with active ground and...
  13. S

E1DA Cosmos ADC

@IVX, I can't follow your meaning, are you saying that Cosmos does not need or does not work with isolator? If you use the isolator only on the DAC which can fall back to USB 1 (and you do not need more than 24/96 output resolution). Doesn't this break groung loop Computer->DAC->ADC->Computer...
  14. S

E1DA Cosmos ADC

Good clarifications @IVX and @MC_RME, but it does not have to be used on the ADC. It can help if only used on the DAC. In the review Archimago used it just in front of the Topping D10s DAC and got a 3dB improvement on the THD+N (but still 2,5dB shy of ASR measurements). Measurement system was a...
  15. S

E1DA Cosmos ADC

Because of the discussion about the difficulties of measuring unblanced connections I thought to post a link to Archimago's recent review of the Nobsound ADuM4160 USB Isolator. TL;DR he actually found it to be relatively effective despite its 25$ price. It also has a 24/96 limitation, but it...
  16. S

E1DA Cosmos ADC

If the included fixed High Pass filter is poorly implemented, couldn't you implement a better custom High Pass filter in the Audio Signal Prosessor?
  17. S

E1DA Cosmos ADC

I'm not familiar with all the details of the use cases that this DC offset affects, but it got me thinking. Would it help any use case if there was integrated digital high pass filter that you could enable or disable through the tweaking app? This probably wouldn’t be too difficult to implement?
  18. S

E1DA Cosmos ADC

@IVX , reagarding the input voltage ranges of Cosmos ADC, could you comment about their break-up voltage limits. I mean, how easily you can brake up the inputs, for example if you accidentally choose a wrong input range.
  19. S

E1DA Cosmos ADC

It did not work for me for any browser or system, but I see that the link has already been changed. Did you really test the old link? If so, it could be that you had some Aliexpress-cookie setting in the browser that made it work.
  20. S

E1DA Cosmos ADC

Very interesting product @IVX . Unfortunately, the Aliexpress store link on your website seems to be broken: https://e1dashz.wixsite.com/index/buy I get only a blank page on Android and a login page on PC. It may work if you are already logged to Aliexpress. It should probably be this ->...
Top Bottom