Search results

1. Scot_Douglas

Schiit Freya S Preamplifier Review 2

I don't think it is unreasonable at all. I would ask for a replacement, especially since you had your supply power checked out.
  2. Scot_Douglas

WiiM Mini Streamer

Updated today for me. :)
  3. Scot_Douglas

WiiM Mini Streamer

This is a most excellent response! In this global economy I think it is quite obtuse to discredit a product solely based on where or who it is perceived to come from.
  4. Scot_Douglas

WiiM Mini Streamer

I just wish my pucks would update to the latest firmware. :|
  5. Scot_Douglas

WiiM Mini Streamer

I have one and have verified the WiiM plays at all sample rates.
  6. Scot_Douglas

WiiM Mini Review (Streamer)

Hey! I resemble that statement!
  7. Scot_Douglas

WiiM Mini Streamer

Same for me. It also stays on if you cast AMHD to the WiiM, but then you lose the bitperfect playback. :|
  8. Scot_Douglas

Electronics for Audiophiles: Voltage and Current (Video)

@amirm Thank you very much for doing this!
  9. Scot_Douglas

Schiit Freya+ Pre-amp Review

It's quite possible that the people that own them enjoy them. I'm not sure why there's 12db gain added for the tube stage, but I really like how mine sounds.:)
  10. Scot_Douglas

Schiit Freya+ Pre-amp Review

Apparently, at this time, 4 people in the poll own a Freya+. :D I am one of them - and really like the sound, but maybe my 53 y/o ears can't her the distortion? I also use KEF Q350s, so seems I dig poorly rated stuff. :p Thank you @amirm for all of your hard work and reviews!
  11. Scot_Douglas

WiiM Mini Streamer

It's only a mild annoyance since I prefer how my Modius sounds and it had that darned relay clicking twice between songs. :)
  12. Scot_Douglas

GR Research B24 AC Cord Review

I always buy these in the lengths I need when I get new equipment.
  13. Scot_Douglas

WiiM Mini Streamer

I have a new Modius DAC that has a relay that switches on when there is an input signal - and off when there isn't a signal. (and I'm using the optical output of the WiiM) At the end of every song, you can hear the relay switch off and then as the next song queues, the relay switches back on...
  14. Scot_Douglas

WiiM Mini Streamer

I got a canned response: I replied to tell them that it happens on collections of songs that are of equal resolution.
  15. Scot_Douglas

Schiit Modius Balanced DAC Review

Just received my Modius yesterday; they now use USB-C inputs. Sounds great.
  16. Scot_Douglas

WiiM Mini Streamer

It's funny; I just received my Schiit order of a Modius DAC yesterday and hooked it up optically to my WiiM. Between every AMHD song, you can hear a relay clicking off, then back on as the next song begins. Slightly annoying, but it sounds like the WiiM cuts the optical signal between songs...
  17. Scot_Douglas

WiiM Mini Streamer

I did one day and I couldn't tell what the heck was going on. Was getting ready to post here and it cleared itself up after I selected a few different tracks.
Top Bottom