Search results

1. mc.god

7Hz x Crinacle Zero:2 IEM Review

I have no experience with apple devices, if so good news for macbook users.
  2. mc.god

Agree for laptops, but I use the smartphone 3.5 output, because I'm not concerned about max sound quality when on the move, generally on noisy bus using 5€ iems, and don't want to put strain on the usb-c connector of the phone. The phone output has all that i need, no hiss and decent volume (I...
  3. mc.god

I measured the 3.5 out of a very old cheap acer laptop and it was junk, 1 volt max and 75 ohms impedance. Measured also a 2020 hp probook laptop but i lost the data, I only remember that it was not much better then the acer. Now using another older probook but not yet measured, I don't expect...
  4. mc.god

Then analog output on a smartphone, when present, should have very low output impedance granting low current drain and volume loss when paired to iems that generally have low impedance. At least it was in the days when analog output was a standard presence and not an exception like nowadays. I...
  5. mc.god

Will there be noticeable difference between FiiO K7 and the new K11 with CS43198 dac? Which one to choose?

What I always liked about Fiio K7/K5 is that unlike most others dac\amp combo units they provide not only digital inputs but also an analog line input, so you can use them as a standard hp amp\preamp. Unless one doesn't need\want that feature I'd go with K11.
  6. mc.god

Motivo anyone?

I think that for €1750 and being you from italy, you could at lest make an effort with italian translation: Come on, even google translator can correctly translate "ultimate machine" into "macchina definitiva"... For non italian users, the picture is literally saying " the LAST music...
  7. mc.god

JDS Atom Amp 2 Headphone Amplifier Review

The service is commendable, the problem is that cheaper devices like atom 2 are no more worth versus other competitors, considering that outside US also their good customer support is much less useful: It's a shame, I always liked their products and policies but too much hassle getting them.
  8. mc.god

Advise about DAC

It outputs full 2V as line out, so it's perfect.
  9. mc.god

Singxer SU-6 + RME ADi2 DAC FS V3

I'd say searching for confirmation bias, precisely what this forum is not meant to.
  10. mc.god

Singxer SU-6 + RME ADi2 DAC FS V3

Not a great compliment i would say... And not what SA-1 measurements tell.
  11. mc.god

Advise about DAC

Sonata pro is a good choice on par with JM20, they are almost the same good implementation, both fully transparent and indistinguishable from SU1. Sonata will give you the plus of volume control buttons and replaceable cable in case it get damaged. JM20 also have a Windows ASIO driver if needed...
  12. mc.god

Advise about DAC

A good option is Jcally JM20 from Aliexpress, it's under 30$, it performs very well and can be a definitive dac if only usb connection is needed: https://audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/a-thread-dedicated-to-cirrus-logic-cs43131.23138/post-1720255 (first picture) it's basically...
  13. mc.god

Topping L30 II Review (Headphone Amp)

It starts to make much more sense now. Forget about different dac used for line and hp outs, it's highly unlikely and even in the case you wouldn't hear difference. My bet is that your interface is not really meant to drive very low impedance planar headphones but only old style professional...
  14. mc.god

Topping L30 II Review (Headphone Amp)

Well, you didn't put it very clearly, first you say amp is the only change in the chain, then you add a bunch of other variable suggesting also a different dac in use. As @staticV3 said, the amp change shouldn't change the sound quality, unless your old amp (you didn't specify the model) is...
  15. mc.god

Schiit Jotunheim2 upgrade DAC's.

Change only for convenience if you can apply software eq-dsp from pc and if you disconnect the Q5 often for portable use, otherwise don't bother since nothing should change about sound quality.
  16. mc.god

A Thread Dedicated to Cirrus Logic CS43131

Ok, a mistery indeed.
  17. mc.god

Is it an audiophile snake oil based on Sean Olive research? :rolleyes:
  18. mc.god

Letshuoer Cadenza 4, new IEM with very promising frequency response

Being 7Hz Sonus my reference, this seems something I'd also like a lot, but for 4X the price I'm not gonna try, plenty happy with what I already got. anyway it get the the top of my list in case I'll become a bit less el cheapo in the future.
  19. mc.god

KZ Castor Harman Target IEM Review

Add that they continue to stick to 0.75 mm connectors when most of other good iems you already might have are 0.78, so you can't even easily swap cable if you need something different (for example if you need straight connectors because you can't get good fitting with that damned L shaped angled...
  20. mc.god

Head amplifier for my turntable

Better looking, please note that Sabaj A10h at amazon.de are used items.
Top Bottom