Search results

1. StigErik

What is your favorite house curve

Room correction is just one out of many features in a surround processor, but you don't have to use it. I don't use ARC in my Anthem AVM70. Buying a Trinnov without using the room correction is a bit pointless though...
  2. StigErik

Well, the Altitude 16 was tested here at ASR... https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/trinnov-altitude-16-review-av-processor.23763/
  3. StigErik

The Death of Windows 10

Really? The list of Microsoft Windows releases is very long. And we have MS-DOS and OS/2 as well. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Microsoft_Windows_versions
  4. StigErik

The Death of Windows 10

A clean Windows install does not contain that much bloatware really (unless you consider the OS itself as being it), but if you're talking about the install that comes preloaded on new computers - absolutely. The best thing is to scratch the whole thing and reinstall from an install source...
  5. StigErik

The Death of Windows 10

What's really nice with Windows is the support for legacy apps and hardware, although with the release of Windows 11 the 16-bit app support was finally removed. I'll keep a virtual machine with Windows 10 to run my museum of 30+ year old apps (or "Programs" as they used to be called).
  6. StigErik

The Death of Windows 10

How secure do you think those old OS's are? I would never think of connecting them to any network.
  7. StigErik

Hypex Nilai500DIY Amplifier Review

I don't think so. The gain is set in the input buffer, which is not part of the class-D amp's feedback control loop.
  8. StigErik

What is the deal with expensive HiFi racks?

I’m perfectly happy with this one…..
  9. StigErik

Same here. The treble adjustment on mine is very useful, and works like an old fashion analog tone control. It’s gives a high shelf @2500 Hz with Q = 0.7.
  10. StigErik

There are some speakers that don't get that downward slope in a room. In order to get that downward slope, the speaker needs to have directivity that is increasing towards high frequencies. There are speakers that don't behave like that; horns and line sources to name a few. Such speakers can...
  11. StigErik

Thank you @amirm for your test of Audyssey. I played around with it when I had Marantz AVRs. I found it will correct the bass very well if the starting point is not too bad. Above Schroder.. it’s a mess. Using multipoint measurements actually made it worse in all positions. I’ve gotten better...
  12. StigErik

I have a double bass array, which almost eliminates the decay in the bass. Above 100 Hz I'm well below 200 ms, its' more like 100 ms decay time.
  13. StigErik

Here's my current target, and as you can see - a huge bass lift. And that is because I don't have any room decay in the bass, so it's more like headphones, where much more bass lift is typically preferred. A couple of articles about headphone EQ here...
  14. StigErik

Master Thread: Are measurements Everything or Nothing?

... and by the way - you won't believe how much distortion that has already been added to "perfect" audiophile recordings.
  15. StigErik

I can't agree with you on that. Adding more distortion will make things more distorted.
  16. StigErik

I can only answer for myself, but is such cases the error is somewhere else in the chain in my opinion.
  17. StigErik

We need another spicy review thread now that the Tekton furore has died down….

That will be the end of the entire hifi press I guess …
  18. StigErik

Line preamps using battery power supply _ any experience ?

Yeah… at that time I was a lot more of a subjectivist than now. I was thinking anything large and heavy must be good, right? More is more!
Top Bottom