Search results

1. DRMLFL

Advice on absorption panels for amateur recording “studio”

The good news is if you make music with vocals you don't need the frequencies below 100 or even 150 Hz in many cases.
  2. DRMLFL

It seems like you stopped reading after the 1000€ I mentioned. Well, I don't know what you are looking for, but like I said I managed to get a decent sound with all surfaces treated for 400€, if you read the whole post you quoted from me. RT60 is showing me under 400ms from 50-80 Hz and under...
  3. DRMLFL

A Real Cure for Tinnitus

It was and is never my intention to spread fear, doubt, concern and all those negative emotions with the things I'm writing here. And if that can put your mind to ease, many people (I really believe everybody) have tinnitus, only certain circumstances can lead to this condition. The...
  4. DRMLFL

Ear patients and Audio

You have excellent ears if you can hear tones at +12kHz. I can reassure you, there is no "normal" type of aging tinnitus, this is something that doctors and society (or should I say the industry?) teaches us and they keep repeating this story like a broken record. Normally, we shouldn't suffer...
  5. DRMLFL

Need help in how to treat my bedroom studio and what studio monitors to buy

I highly recommend you to invest in the range of Focal Solo 6. Best monitors I have had so far as a hobby "music producer" and mixing engineer and no need for a sub. Given the fact that your room is even smaller than mine they will be more than enough for your needs. Yes, they cost more than...
  6. DRMLFL

Hello, If you want a decent sounding room with "professional" results you should expect to invest between 300 and 1000€/$/£. It depends if you buy this stuff new, second hand or even do it yourself. I managed to get a "good" sound in my 4x4.5x2.8 metre room with 12 panels (some are DIY others...
  7. DRMLFL

Ear patients and Audio

Hey @MrSoul4470, I hope you are doing fine so far. So far, there is no "cure" for tinnitus because the topic is still not clear to audiologists/ENTs etc. You got cortisone because of your sudden hearing loss (Hörsturz), it's a known therapy for this kind of medical situation which can help the...
  8. DRMLFL

Lenire Tinnitus Treatment

Thanks for sharing this!
  9. DRMLFL

A Real Cure for Tinnitus

I assume that the hearing aids are synced which means you increase the level of both with only one device. If not those must be very "old" models. And one should also avoid to make everything too loud, this can cause several things to happen (decrease of speech intelligibility because of the...
  10. DRMLFL

A Real Cure for Tinnitus

Unbelievable how health care was/is performed so differently from one region/country to another. It's cheeky that they asked you for money for a measurement! There are some countries where you can get hearing aids for free, the "problem" is, the price doesn't have to do absolutely nothing with...
  11. DRMLFL

Lenire Tinnitus Treatment

I don't want to play the "party crasher" but I can't imagine a device like this to be the cure for tinnitus. What has the tongue to do with the ears? Why not the tip of your nose? Or any other body part? And then I read the price of 4000+$. If this would work, we would already know in Germany...
  12. DRMLFL

A Real Cure for Tinnitus

Ok, this is good to read that no changes occur. But how do you check the volume? Is it your impression or can you actually tell a number of dB for example arriving at your ear drum? I don't want to make you feel insecure. Unfortunately, we are never careful enough with our ears. "Extreme" noise...
  13. DRMLFL

A dangerous situation need your help

Hey Tewe, first of all, I hope you are doing "well". Hats off to you and your patience for letting this to happen over a year and not killed anybody. First thing I would recommend you to do is visit an ENT so he can perform a hearing measurement. You wrote you have the impression of a...
  14. DRMLFL

A Real Cure for Tinnitus

How long have you had the tinnitus? I would recommend you to not use headphones in general then because the occlusion effect can potentially worsen your perception of your tinnitus altogether. Or maybe just listen to a specific type of music with fewer high frequencies in the spectrum for...
  15. DRMLFL

A Real Cure for Tinnitus

Yes, the way hearing aids are sold is deplorable. Those 3 types were (I assume) economy, business and premium price category. It's interesting (and sad) to see how this works the same in most (if not all) countries. It's a shady business practice in most cases I have to admit and only a few...
  16. DRMLFL

Some interesting thoughts from mastering engineer Bob Katz

@dasdoing aaah, ok I know what you mean. They circumvent that law by using the english term mastering engineer and not the german word "Mastering Ingenieur", which sounds a bit strange to my ears. In Germany it is allowed to use the words "Tontechniker" (sound technician) and the word mastering...
  17. DRMLFL

Some interesting thoughts from mastering engineer Bob Katz

Who told you that? We also call them mastering engineers here.
  18. DRMLFL

The realization that my desktop is my primary system...Please help me make it better!

Didn't know that Optimus Prime was originally a cassette recorder!
  19. DRMLFL

The realization that my desktop is my primary system...Please help me make it better!

Hey, everybody is talking about speakers and gear but nobody mentioned the following: Try to rearrange the room. If I were you I would put the desk on the blue wall, right in the middle, because you would have then something like a symmetry in your room. And you should definitely remove the...
  20. DRMLFL

System/room upgrade

Hello, I'm not an expert at all, but I have some experience as hobbyist music producer. Before you invest any money in equipment I highly recommend you to start with the treatment of your acoustics, best to begin with the first reflexions on the side wall and the ceiling. In your case, panels...
Top Bottom