Search results

1. D

Decent cheap ADC with spdif?

That looks workable. Would you know the model name or where I can get one?
  2. D

Coax output is fine. Would you have a picture & name of the device? The pics you posted show digital in analog out, not the other way around.
  3. D

TL;DR - need a decent, low latency ADC to convert from line-in to SPDIF for <$50, available in North America. I have an RME ADI-2 DAC. I got myself a keyboard synth with analog line out as the only way of getting sound out of it. I'd like to mix it with some VSTs I have, meaning I need to hook...
  4. D

Hifiman HE-6 Review (Headphone)

And I'm curious which amp Amir used for his distortion tests (if it was an amp at all).
  5. D

What's a good way to listen for / check for bass distortion?
  6. D

By "that combination", do you mean the A90? I was thinking about getting it or the A30pro for my HE6.
  7. D

That still makes no sense to me. "Having not enough" isn't "not having way more than needed", especially when looking at a single piece of equipment.
  8. D

"Hifiman planars respond well to an overpowered amp connection with greater power capacity than the minimum output required." What's the scientific basis for this? Slew rate? Something else? How would you measure the "true" power requirement?
  9. D

@amirm I have an HE6 and an RME ADI-2 DAC. Do you think there's any benefit to getting a Topping A90? (disregarding the preamp)
  10. D

Master Complaint Thread About Headphone Measurements

Yep, that's the one, and my bad, I meant 3 kHz. Taking that waterfall as an example - the unevenness of the FR at 3k is comparable to the peaks around 7k and the dip around 11k. However, those don't result in much resonance.
  11. D

Here are the CSDs of questionable quality (LCD3, not LCD2): https://www.changstar.com/www.changstar.com/index.php/topic%2C204.0.html Somewhat less questionable CSDs of some other random headphone...
  12. D

Not quite true, not for headphones at least. The frequency response doesn't convey the same info - a dip or a spike isn't necessarily a resonance, and vice versa. Examples: M1060 is "spike = resonance", but LCD2 is overall slow decaying, with a 4kHz resonance that doesn't show up on FR.
  13. D

Are there any plans to do more CSD / Waterfall measurements? In practice, these charts make it easy to tell how "fast" a headphone would sound, and if there are any sibilances or resonances.
  14. D

Topping A30Pro Review (Balanced Headphone Amp)

There are rumors of HE6 needing plenty of power, but I'm not sure anyone confirmed that scientifically.
  15. D

Amir's TODO thread

Pleeeease! I can even send in my srm-252s.
  16. D

Amp & DAC below $1,000

Yep, scratch the Pro - the DAC looks like the better version for me. How does the amp perform? My question right now would be, if I were to get a different combo - worse DAC but better amp - would I get an improvement (barring electrostats)?
  17. D

Amp & DAC below $1,000

Hey all, I have the HD598, HD6xx, HE400i, and the Stax L700. I currently use the audio-gd NFB28 amp & dac combo - thought I'd switch it for something better for the money. I'm looking for balanced. Before you get the pitchforks, hear me out - I wired up my lower-volume headphones to balanced...
Top Bottom