Search results

1. A

Cambridge Audio CXN 100

Congratulation, is the CXN 100 always upsampling and can't be changed in Roon like its predecessor CXN V2?
  2. A

WiiM Pro Plus Streamer Review

I have to admit I looked down on WiiM product few years back particularly WiiM mini. I was wrong... until last year October I bought WiiM Pro Plus, I was astonished with its performance particularly on its wonderful and flawless apps. Plus is now my secondary music streamer especially after it...
  3. A

WiiM Pro Plus - Review & Measurements (Streamer)

It is a subjective matter as some can hear a distinct sound difference of layers of music instruments placement with many factors, good recording, good hearing, good audio equipment, good room acoustic and other associated factors.
  4. A

Best to try the highest resolution such as DSD native files from great recording album.
  5. A

It also depends on your music files, lossless or lossy. Good or poor quality of recording.
  6. A

Master Thread: Are measurements Everything or Nothing?

The sound differences that one observe is a subjective matters. First, it could be one hearing is no good to hear the sound difference. Second, one's audio system is not able to produce the sound difference. Objectively, I would study and review the equipment measurement over the frequency...
  7. A

Eversolo DMP-A6 Streamer Review

What I meant was the security and android firmware update would be supported until the limit of microprocessor.
  8. A

Furthermore this is just music streaming network player, it's not so "demanding" as smartphone with heavy-duty tasks. So long the music apps can be supported.
  9. A

It's all due to price I think ... these players quantities are much lower than smartphone quantities. The microprocessor that support for Android 11, 10 or 9 is cheaper. Even latest and pricey Sony DAP WM1ZM2 is on android 11.
  10. A

IMO, I would not worry about Android 11 as long as the music streaming apps or compatible , not planning to install to many "fancy" or APK files apps. Also I use A6 mostly as Roon Endpoint. Similar like portable DAP, some only support upto Android 9 or 10.
  11. A

Well, ARCE is a digital transport and streamer, no analog out. It's all depends on external DAC. Thus no difference between A6 and ARCE digitally. Nevertheless, will see what the next video about ...
  12. A

Agreed on digitally, but not so identical on analog output based on audio sampling time (master word clock), DAC and its implementation.
  13. A

then A/B test between A6 vs ARCE
  14. A

Lately Vinshine Audio shared their unbox video on DMP A6, interesting to watch the subsequent video(s) ... Any thought before the next video?
  15. A

"Smart" is a subjective word. :p
  16. A

Most of my music files bought online were of 24/192kHz. Yes, you are right, I can chromecast from ROCK, I can see Plus under ROON/Audio/ other network devices .
  17. A

Sorry for late reply. I don't have a chance to do blind AB test, CXN V2 is connected to external DAC and balanced out to Amp, while Plus to Amp via RCA. I could hear the loudness +6dB from CXN V2 over Plus. Plus is a minimalist/all-in-one for convenient music streamer which I may relocate to...
  18. A

USB input could be noisy, stream via wired/wireless a cleaner solution perhaps
  19. A

Just received Plus, will try out later , analog out to amplifier to test AKM4493 Velvet sound lol
  20. A

Oh man ... I was saying CXN v2's DAC is of 10y.o Wolfson WM8740 compare with Pro's AKM4493, the difference is obvious
Top Bottom