Search results

1. Z

Marantz Cinema 70s AVR Review

I have considered this AVR in my plan to "downsize", and I haven't taken it off my list quite yet - I'm surprised that this model seems to have more options/features than the X2800H (in that the X2800H does not have any Front pre-outs). I also don't believe that Dirac is available for the...
  2. Z

Wharfedale Denton 80th Anniversary Speaker Review

I would not apply any of this information towards the Denton 85th edition because they are different speakers. The Linton 85th could possibly be a closer "match", but I wouldn't apply those results, either...
  3. Z

Wharfedale Denton 80th Anniversary Speaker Review

These were released before the Lintons, and also before the Denton 85th edition. The Lintons are definitely designed to be used with the grilles on (and I can only assume the Denton 85th as well). These are the uncorrected full range responses from my Lintons (no sub), in my space, at my...
  4. Z

Amplifier for Wharfedale Linton, budget $ 1,300

I just got my shipping notification this evening, so I will be able to hopefully set it all up Wednesday next week. The impetus for the Buckeye was: downsizing - I dropped to 2.1ch a bit more than a month ago, so I don't need the "big" 3-channel amp anymore. I haven't decided whether to keep...
  5. Z

No, I don't think you can ever have too much power - it is far worse to have an amp that is underpowered. And how much power you actually use all depends on your listening levels/how far you sit from the speakers (IMO). You will likely never really get anywhere close to 200 or even 250 watts...
  6. Z

I don't believe the LE version is available anymore since they only made 1972 of them. Plus it's way more than I am willing to spend (I am in Canada, so... we get gouged up the wazoo on these things).
  7. Z

I did see that very late last night, but decided to sleep on it because I'm still debating whether I want to go with that or go with an alternate solution (i.e. was originally the NAD C3050, but I am liking the Yamaha R-N800A because it has more line inputs). I also had an AVR with split HDMI...
  8. Z

I am keenly interested in this amplifier to use in my 2.1ch HT system (which consists of a pair of Wharfedale Lintons). I will be using external amplification (Emotiva BasX A3 for now, but it's being replaced by a Buckeye Hypex NCx500 2-channel amp) so I'm not too concerned about the power...
  9. Z

As far as the cons for the C3050 you cited: - It's the same binding posts they use on a lot of their amps, and they don't really look "cheap" to me. As I will be using external amplification, the binding posts they use is moot. - Here's some measurements for the C3050...
  10. Z

You are correct in that assumption - it does not support DD/DTS, etc... it basically just says it's only 2ch PCM. I don't see the lack of DD/DTS support as a problem if everything is working just fine with all of my source devices in my system (cable box, PS5 and Switch - RPi is for music...
  11. Z

I think I get it, now. I just couldn't have a PC/Mac in my HT chain, so that solution wouldn't work. So right now, the best solution - if I were to go with a Stereo receiver like the DRA-900H or Marantz Stereo 70s - would be to add a miniDSP between the receiver and power amplifier (that way I...
  12. Z

I have an AVR right now, so all of my source devices are connected to that. There isn't enough HDMI ports on my TV to be able to connect all of my source devices. If the device you've link works, then that could be a consideration. I understand that the simplest thing would be to stick with...
  13. Z

I think I may be having a difficult time understanding the connection chain with what you're describing. If I were to go with a stereo receiver - since they typically don't have any RC software - I would be looking for something that I could take some measurements with REW on my Mac Mini, apply...
  14. Z

And how would you get the corrections from DLBC to the 900H? I'm used to having everything bult into the system, so external DSP is something I'm not familiar with so much. Also, I just saw that the price of the DRA-900H jumped up to $926...
  15. Z

What would one use to EQ speakers and subwoofer with either the Stereo 70s or the Denon DRA-900H? I'm also looking at the NAD C3050 (which does have Dirac, but no HDMI inputs for my source devices: cable, PS5, RPi and Switch). Also, the price of the DRA-900H has jumped up to $926 on Amazon...
  16. Z

No Audyssey with the Denon, I assume? Because that is tempting... could one add a miniDSP to implement some form of EQ?
  17. Z

If the Stereo 70s only had some form of Audyssey, I may have kept my order in place. If there's a sensible solution to implement proper room correction, then I may be persuaded...
  18. Z

I do check regularly, too, and I think I had checked ether before or just after you replied here. Nothing was there when I looked, though. I will have to put it on the back burner for a bit because I just ordered a Buckeye Hypex NCx500 2-Channel amp, so I need to recover a little from that.
  19. Z

Damn, I missed it! :oops:
  20. Z

New product - SMSL AO300

There is a small chance that that isn't related to the AO300.
Top Bottom