Search results

1. T

Umik 1 and rew for measuring SPL for mic

I'd rather do a buy once cry once thing to get the best recordings I can, I mean realistically like you said the sounds I record that I listed above would probably never get as loud as I would need to damage the microphone. It's probably something Im overthinking and don't need to worry about...
  2. T

Umik 1 and rew for measuring SPL for mic

Hey there super new to this stuff but I have a question so I recently picked up a Sennheiser mkh50 for Foley sounds and found sounds ( percussive strikes on metal, stone, wood, kids toys sounds, rubbing bits of nature together, machinery sounds etc ) for sampling for use in music. Out of...
  3. T

Routing advice

Hey there Here’s a weird one I could use some advice on.Say I have 3x synths 2x with stereo output and 1x mono output and I’d like to have them : Attached to an interface for recording And also attached to a pair of studio monitors that I can listen on when not using the computer. In your...
  4. T

Resampling windows

I don't see volume normalization in the settings I can look a bit deeper, with the limiter would setting the windows volume or application(qobuz) at like 98-99% solve that ? Would there be a loss in bit depth ? I've been having windows set at 16/44 and then record 16/44 stream with audacity...
  5. T

2 interfaces

Awesome thanks and then one other thing if I have a headphone amp attached do the MoTU outputs where should I set the M4 volume knob ? At like 12 o clock to feed the Atom amp (JDS)and then dial in the final volume on the atom ? Also had a better idea for the 3/4 output on the M4 and the...
  6. T

2 interfaces

Gut check me if this is nuts I’m thinking my options are use the M4 monitor outputs 1/2 RCA to the JDS ( I don’t trust 3/4 with max volume not to blow my ears off lol) for my headphones Then connect the Audient evo 4 to the studio monitors have both M4 and EVO connected at the same time...
  7. T

2 interfaces

I just hate that my MOTU m4 has no volume control over channels 3/4 hardware wise so I’ll use channel 1/2 on the motu to output to JDS atom+ amp for my headphones And then use the audient evo 4 to output to my studio monitors so I can switch back and forth as needed have hardware control over...
  8. T

2 interfaces

Hey there , I was wondering if it’s possible to use two bus powered interfaces with the same PC but never outputting at the same time. This wouldn’t harm any of the hardware PC or interfaces would it ? Just flip back and forth between the two in either windows audio output selection to pick one...
  9. T

Motu M4 interface question

Seems a lot of people have complained about the output of the 3/4 still being too high.... In that case I might be a total boob and use the MoTU just to feed my headphone amp and grab an audient Evo 4 to feed the speakers and just flip between when I went to switch it'll give me independent...
  10. T

Unfortunately after reading more too it seems that the volume on channel 3/4 isn't adjustable so it may make more sense to use the monitors on those and just set the level low and use the headphones on 1/2 or like you said plug both into 1/2 provided that won't cause issues with the coupling...
  11. T

Super new to this so I wasn't sure how it worked so that's probably my best bet to listen to each the monitors and speakers individually is to plug one into 1/2 and the others into 3/4 and send the audio to both and mute and unmute as needed ? I gotta look up how to do that in ableton. Does it...
  12. T

Digital volume and bit depth.

Awesome I really appreciate the info, side question, then I could theoretically never clip MY new recording of these originally recorded songs in audacity because they are set levels in the original that don't peak past 100% that I've noticed ,or even if they did go past 0dbfs originally they...
  13. T

Connecting both to 1/2 wouldn't cause any issues with that coupling thing would it since they are mirrored and one is going to A balanced source and one to unbalanced ? Hmm if I connect both to 1/2 won't it play through the speakers even if I turn the headphone volume up on the amp ? Is...
  14. T

Got it so basically leave the volume at 100% in both app and windows mixer and record away. More or less if the clipping is present in the track I can't make it go away and it won't cause any issue or clipping for my recording because it's already in the original and if it sounds good there or...
  15. T

So basically you’re saying that I shouldn’t really need to lower the volume at all because if I’m understanding correctly any clipping in the song (especially since they are all older before 1990 or so ) is likely to be analog and not sound bad in my audacity wasapi loopback recording AND...
  16. T

Resampling windows

Hey there! Curious about something so if I’m using qobuz desktop player on windows only playing the 16/44 files with the system output settings for the internal sound card set to 16/44 for playback and I have windows and qobuz volume fully up am I doing my best to minimize windows tampering with...
  17. T

I think I was confused about Yes. The note is only applicable to connecting the balanced TRS outputs of the Motu M4 to devices with unbalanced inputs. Basically what it means is to use adapter cable configurations 9 & 10 (see below) and not 11 & 12 (which are for cross-coupled outputs). Since...
  18. T

So I’m regards to : The RCA channels mirror the balanced (TRS) channels. If you want to independently control the volume of your studio monitors and your headphones connected to the Atom+, you may want to use different output pairs. (Of course you can always adjust your headphone volume using...
  19. T

That makes sense now, I’ve noticed on some recorded tracks (especially older songs) there is some clipping present in the track but lowering down the volume just a smidge in qobuz seems to at least not make it clip in my recording of it which is all I can ask for I think. I’ve started recoding...
Top Bottom