Search results

1. L

Does you love of gear exceed your love of music?

I think they are different hobbies: art creation, art tools, art appreciation, appreciation tools. Shopping for tools provides a nice cognitive pleasure, and when well done supports the complementary pursuit. The art itself -- creation as well as experience -- provides something slower and...
  2. L

Dan Clark Audio AEON 2 Noire Review

Just writing to thank @Dan Clark for making this headphone. It has much of the quality I love of my Etymotic ER4 phones, plus pinnae stimulation, plus comfort and convenience. Maybe other headphones in this price bracket are also great, I can't say. But I'm listening to my favorite music again...
  3. L

Standards for Audio Electronics Measurements?

I wonder if this problem couldn't be tackled from the other direction: instead of minimum expectations for manufacturers, perhaps we could produce a testing manual that targets enthusiasts. For example, here's what you can measure with basic tools, or with a modest investment that'll save money...
  4. L

Am I understanding basic audio science right?

1a. 'dB' is like '%' or 'thousand' in that it tells you about the relative scale of the value provided, but does not tell you what the scale is measuring. (You can have ten thousand dollars or ten thousand volts, but having "ten thousand" without specifying the thing being counted is...
  5. L

What did we regret in our audio life.

Too much worrying about equipment. I should’ve studied math, physics, electrical engineering, and hardware programming to understand the problems. Now, I only know a little, but I know how to define priorities, evaluate options, make choices, and not dwell on magical thinking. Too little...
  6. L

Qudelix-5K Bluetooth DAC & Headphone Amp

Having offered a few perhaps useful words to benefit the community, I have a question to ask: Is there a correct way to pronounce "Qudelix"? I want to get it right because I know I'm going to be getting questions and making recommendations. Especially since it took an embarrassingly long time...
  7. L

I don't know if this is related, but I've had stuttering that was solved by restarting the audio software. Specifically: playing music on a webpage, connecting via Bluetooth, hearing stuttering, reloading the webpage, and problem solved. My suspicion is that something in the system is having to...
  8. L

I'm not an expert in these things yet, but perhaps I can offer a useful opinion in the meantime. :-) I really, really like how the Qudelix handles volume controls. The first thing to keep in mind is that volume levels in the digital domain do not need to change the audio signal at all. Some...
Top Bottom