Search results

1. H

Poll: How do you primarily listen to audio at home?

It's been mainly used in mid 70's. Nowadays they just re-use the original tapes for multichannel remix like the recent 50th anniversary of Frank Zappa's Overnight Sensation (even if they kept the original quad mix on this release).
  2. H

Poll: How do you primarily listen to audio at home?

Well the devil is in the detail. I listen primarily music in 2.1 with my 6.1 home theater SYSTEM*. I feel I don't fit anywhere;) *NAD M28/Anthem AVM70/Lumin U1 mini/Oppo-205/Monitor Audio PL200 (fronts), 150 (center), 100 (surrounds), Gold FX (surround back) & Velodyne DD12+(sub)
  3. H

Topping D70 Pro Sabre DAC Review

Yes. That's why I happily switch to Qobuz that became available in Canada for half the price of Tidal's top tier subsciption. Regarding this thread, Topping is almost becoming boring to watch..;)
  4. H

SMSL D400ES DAC Review

I'm wondering why the hell some are voting ''poor'' for this unit? I cannot imagine the performance required to get their approval:facepalm:
  5. H

TAD Evolution 2 Speaker Review

Trust me I tried everything including E-Bay. I contacted both of them (Pioneer and TAD in Japan) w/o results.
  6. H

TAD Evolution 2 Speaker Review

Even if the look is misleading, there's no coherent/concentric midrange/tweeter driver on this one. I used to have a pair of Pioneer S2-EX speakers that where TAD trickle down with a Pioneer badge at 4k$ and they sounded fantastic. I guess I had 95% of the perfomance for 20% of the price...
  7. H

Anthem Arc Genesis 1.6.10

Just seen this in the Anthem Arc Genesis Web page. Is there any significative improvement from the previous version and if yes is it worth redoing my calibration? Looks like if the distance is now automatic instead of being entered manually but who cares and what else? Please advise.
  8. H

A new trend on amplifier performance

Agreed but we're talking reliability here. No effect on sound though.
  9. H

I guess the future Nordost silver base could be used that way too
  10. H

I think I saw somewhere that Nordost is planning to develop an amplifier base from a machined 500kg pure @ 99.999% silver block. Grain orientation treatment in a special atmosphere controlled furnace and then cryogenized. MSRP to be confirmed. Looking forward to it
  11. H

Bottomline; does all this, have some impact on the sound? My guess (at only 99.999% sure) is no.
  12. H

Found from What Hi-Fi post (very funny). Of course the ''do not scrimp on cables'' is also there...
  13. H

How do you find new music? - asking for a dinosaur friend...

I personally go weekly on Allmusic for their album reviews
  14. H

MQA full unfolding w/o a MQA enable DAC

Haha. I didn't know audio could be so emotional to some. Yes I'm good. You can close it. Tkx
  15. H

Very informative. Especially the videos. I was aware of the controversy and suspect about MQA claims but now I have some data to back it up. I might have overpaid my streamer by 100-150$, but over few k$ of audio equipment, I won't complain. Looking forward to have Qobuz available up here in...
  16. H

That is at least a contribution to the discussion but it's still an opinion unless it is proven by meassurements. No way the get reliable information on the subject? Any measuments somewhere to compare the output signals between MQA and non-MQA music file of identical bit depth and freq. rate...
  17. H

So tell me; How bad are they?
Top Bottom