Search results

1. P

Cambridge Audio CXN 100

Problem solved. For playing vinyl, I just got myself a restored like new AKAI AM-2350. Pairs great with the LS50 too. But this topic is about the CNX 100, which is a great streamer, yes it is.
  2. P

Cambridge Audio CXN 100

Okay, Had a good read what to do and downloaded the software and app. It works very well indeed and it is actually simple to install and use (at least the basics). Keeper, that Roon. Thanks for making me taking the effort of trying.
  3. P

Cambridge Audio CXN 100

By the way, Roon won't help me when playing vinyl, I guess. New amp with balance will, or MiniDSP between preamp and power amp (which I have, but did not install it in my new set-up yet). Maybe the cheapest way it to move my listening chair a bit to the right and tell the wife to go upstairs.
  4. P

Cambridge Audio CXN 100

Maybe I should try Roon. Until now, a bit scared to start with that. Not a very quick mind when it comes to software and stuff over here.
  5. P

Cambridge Audio CXN 100

The only thing I really miss is balance control, but I could buy another amplifier, of course. EQ or tone control would be nice to have to avoid an external DSP solution when necessary.
  6. P

Cambridge Audio CXN 100

The CXN V2 was measured here at ASR and had good results. If the CXN 100 has the same results, I don't know, but for me not so important. I have a small tube amp which won't measure very well, but I like the sound and that is all that matters for a sound system. The owner has to like when...
  7. P

Cambridge Audio CXN 100

Yes, I saw that, but not all of us have that kind of equipment (yet). If firmware could add some functions, why not?
  8. P

Cambridge Audio CXN 100

I think the question to Cambridge Audio on having firmware updates to get a better pre amp functionality (balance and tone control, possibly PEQ for room adjustment) is valid. If or if not the CXN 100 is better than the V2, I don't know. I never owned the V2. I had a Node 2i with a SMSL D300...
  9. P

Cambridge Audio CXN 100

Good and honest review. I agree on the very pleasant sound and do hope Cambridge Audio will work on the firmware to add tone and balance controls to give the unit more pre amp functions. Build in PEQ would be a great feature too. Combined with my little tube amp, I would consider myself in Audio...
  10. P

Cambridge Audio CXN 100

I bought the last one :p.
  11. P

Cambridge Audio CXN 100

I received mine yesterday. A first quick listen makes me smile. It sounds excellent and installation was easy. I replaced my Node 2i and SMSL D300. No regrets yet :cool:.
  12. P

Default setting crossover KEF LSX ii??????

I cared because first I did not understand why a small speaker like the LSX ii would have to take a bigger amount of LF than I would have expected. That is solved now, because the app gives a suggestion. Second issue now is the automated waking up of the Kube 10B. The Kube 10B needs a decent...
  13. P

Thanks. I will experiment some, to begin with the suggestion of Zolalll. I hope that the automated activation of the subwoofer by the LSX ii would still be there. The app tells me that it works for KEF subwoofers, but when I change the crossover, the app might think the subwoofer is not a...
  14. P

High pass 67,5 Hz and Low pass 80 Hz. I understand changing the setting is "custom", but the app shows Subwoofer model KEF Kube 10B/10MIE, but that will change to custom as soon as you change (one of) the frequency. Why would the LSX ii have to cover 67,5-80 Hz also? Why not e.g. HP at 80 Hz...
  15. P

Last week I got myself some green KEF LSX ii to replace some old monitors on my desk. The wife likes the look of these little handy speakers. When I connect my KEF Kube 10b and use the app to set the system up, the crossover is set to almost minimize the use of the Kube 10b and I don't...
  16. P

KEF LSX II

Today arrived a pair of green LSX II at my home. Connecting and setup was easy. Firmware update took a little while (15-20 minutes or so). They work great with the Kube 10b I already had. Almost tempted to go fully ASR and get rid of my little tube amp, almost ;). It is really a good...
  17. P

Audiophile jewelry - most beautiful Cd players, turntables and other gear

Bought this little amp just before the millennium. Special made (one out of seven in total) Houston mini 1998 with separate power unit and passive selector. The amplifier was completely redesigned and made with hard-wired high quality components and thick silver wire. Jewelry or not, it sounds...
  18. P

Speakers for low wattage amp tube

Here, including the passive pre amp (input selector). Initially, I did not buy that "preamp". After 20 years without, I finally found one on Ebay in Germany.
  19. P

Serious Question: How can DAC's have a SOUND SIGNATURE if they measure as transparent? Are that many confused?

As I said, I don't have the ears for this. I don't hear the difference between albums played by any chain I use, whether it is streaming (Node 2i and D300) or Turntable (Technics SLQ2 and Vincent PHO700) apart from the occasional pops and clicks. Probably because I never learned listening to...
Top Bottom