Search results

1. J

Topping DX3 Pro+ Review (DAC & Headphone Amp)

I couldnt find any info if the DX Pro+ has Dc protection. Is it implemented? Thanks in advance!
  2. J

YAMAHA A-S701 - tear-down, thoughts about the internals & few measurements

The cd direct is a real advantage over the other inputs.
  3. J

Topping E30 DAC Review

Changing op amps .. and you hear that change? Bit of Voodoo seems.
  4. J

Topping E30 Polarity discussion

You can't hear any difference. So you miss nothing.
  5. J

$9 Headphone Review: Sony MDR-ZX110

10,99 Euros from mediamarkt.at Nice phone but without EQ a bit mehh .. EQ helps a lot .. quite nice BUT nothing to freak out, seriously! My HE400i 2020 is dancing circles around even without EQ. The sony plays fundamentally better EQ`d but lacking in separation, room, impact and so on in...
  6. J

What headphone(s) do you own ?

Audioquest nighthawk with brainwavz hybrid pads.. Love them the most. Some hate them... what I can understand. Sold: Akg 702, thx00, emu teak, hd650, hd58x, verum 1, hifiman sundara, 4xx.. Different ears.. Different tastes.. Seems no truth fitting for all.
  7. J

Topping E30 DAC Review

.. same here. Besides I have serialnr 1910xxxx and it works perfectly without issues in soundquality (... just no automatic standby) Before and after updating with firmware 1.08 usb/pc powered, converting datas from usb, coax and spdif. Audiophonics france asked if I want exchange but I am not...
  8. J

Review and Measurements of Topping D10 DAC

Not to forget Shiit Magni Heresy with solid metal case and volume pot, even more power and the price a bit below the Atom in europe. I changed the Atom for this beauty ;) Some motivation too maybe was standby consumption (2,6 W Atom, 1 W Magni). The Heresy in use again sucks a bit less but...
  9. J

Review and Measurements of Topping D10 DAC

Thanks for this advice @Veri :) I never heard this anywhere else. Most if not all seem to believe in the higher the better sampling rate.
  10. J

YAMAHA A-S701 - tear-down, thoughts about the internals & few measurements

Thanks a lot for this report, @trl. I bought an a-s700 used for TV and a new s701 for my stereo system. I sold my Musical Fidelity m3i at the end because the yamaha is able to control my Audiophysic Yara´s a lot better as the previous amp all alone due to more power. Moreover there is a big...
  11. J

Review and Measurements of Musical Fidelity M2si Amp

Bought a a-s701 recently and I can say that this amp is quite a bit better als the Musical Fidelity M3i (more or less the same as M2si). There is much more authority to drive my audiophysic yara and a hint of more transparency. I love this forum with this really outstandig eyeopening content...
  12. J

Which DAC measurements do you like to see next?

Musical fidelity M1-dac Dac section (and amp) yamaha as301-701 Pro-ject dac box rs, or some pro-jects down the dac box line
  13. J

Review and Measurements of Musical Fidelity M2si Amp

I have an musical fidelity m3i, which internals are pretty obviously the same as of the m2si. Somehow its a shame that this purific amp is not able to show better results. May I hear more transparent changing to eg a better messured yamaha as-701, possibly a tiny bit better? If yes there is no...
  14. J

Review and Measurements of the PS Audio Stellar Gain Cell DAC

This all spots a lot of light not even to some defects of this PS product more so now in the personality of Paul himself. Oh no, this is pretty disgusting, to watch such proudness in ingnorancy spiced with an unecessary show of simple narcissism on top. Poa... with this reaction they are on best...
  15. J

Verum Audio 1 Audioquest Nighthawk with HM5 Pads and dampening of the driver On visit: HD650, HD58X, Hifiman Sundara, HE-4XX, E-MU Teak, Massdrop Fostex THX00, AKG K812, K702, K401
  16. J

Hybrid Pads are sold out and not available in Europe anymore... Mine are quite new, so hopefully they are durable. Shure 1840 Pads should be an option too...the Hawk is easy to tune to prefered sig. What I like a lot besides is this astounding clean sound .. free of distortion seems. :)
  17. J

Yes, I had them before and was missing them. Easy to mod b.t.w with e.g. brainwavz hybrid Pads and some dampening of the highs. I love them as they are something really special.
  18. J

...oh No! .. not able to resist again some used hd58x and aq nighthawk ;)
Top Bottom