Search results

1. N

Tekton M-Lore Speaker Review

Oh my, this has become an episode of the twilight zone. I read the post that image came from, yep, they opened their Tekton speakers and that is what awaited them. Hot glue to a 1/8" piece of MDF and what looks like no solder. Should also note these speakers are being sold now on his website...
  2. N

Oh....so Eric's claimed $6,000 in lost sales from canceled orders netted him $900 for doing...nothing. Interesting. :D
  3. N

Dayton Audio OPAL1 speaker launches

A lot of people would love a mini-monitor with good low end frequency response. You can't get away from low sensitivity with such a small cabinet. Luckily power is much easier to come by than it was even 5 years ago.
  4. N

Dayton Audio OPAL1 speaker launches

Dayton usually impresses for their price point though, highly interesting for sure. Who is buying a pair to send to Erin or Amir?
  5. N

I think it's fair to say any form of litigation, even arbitration, from Eric towards either Amir or Erin would result in major losses for his company. Even the threat of it has resulted in losses, as i've seen many here and in youtube comments declare their stance of never buying a Tekton...
  6. N

A few things are becoming strikingly clear: 1). Eric seems to have a personality disorder which is going to make this process much more difficult than it needs to be. Not trying to insult or be mean, its just something i've observed in watching his other youtube videos and his interactions with...
  7. N

Narcissism level 1000 reached. He insults Erin by saying "just because you buy an airplane doesn't make you a pilot", as if to insinuate that Erin bought a Klippel from the nearest flea market and doesn't know how to use it. Has Eric ever used a Klippel? Does he even understand how it works? He...
  8. N

UM18 VS Bowers & Wilkins CTSW15

I took some measurements in my theater today comparing my DIY Dayton UM18 to a Bowers and Wilkins CTSW15. The CTSW15 retails for $1700. The UM18 can be built for around $500. The first measurement is with my EQ settings removed. The second measurement is with my EQ settings applied. The CTSW15...
  9. N

Fosi Audio ZA3 Amplifier Review

In practical use it does. Attenuating input voltage is a lot less complex than directly changing the amplifiers gain, and has the exact same outcome. Input voltage and output gain are directly related.
  10. N

You would need some SERIOUS speakers with some SERIOUS power to damage your hearing in the amount of time that it would take you to turn off a system that played at max volume suddenly, or even the response of covering your ears. Speakers don't have infinite volume with power, many start to have...
  11. N

I must be completely missing something with amirs testing here. When you do the math x=20*log((6.32455532)/(.222)) you get the 29dB you stated, but the visual data in the review (green bars) shows a gain of 26dB.
  12. N

@amirm can you confirm that when you tested this amp, the gain knob was at max? I just ran some tests on two different ZA3's (my broken one with the broken right RCA in, and the replacement one) and with 1v in at 1Khz test tone, I get 29.32dB in stereo setting and 31.26dB in mono setting. I ran...
  13. N

Yes, what he stumbled upon without realizing was class D's tendency to rate power at extremely short bursts. Take a look at the data sheets below. The first being the Hypex NC500. Its rated at 700w at 4ohm and is quoted as such from vendors like Buckeye amps. But wait, the real, continuous power...
  14. N

Are you telling me if I get a good deal on a non-functioning KBA75 I cant send it to you to get repaired? :p Jokes aside, thats some serious class A power. I just checked the used value on those. Thats quite a few ZA3's.
  15. N

Im going from my own personal experience. I have heard the LS50's in different settings and often they sounded flat and dull to me. It wasnt until I heard them with plenty of power on tap that they had a dynamic "wow" sound to them. I think my experience mirrors what I see on forums and reviews...
  16. N

You need to be careful with that Gustard H16 and the ZA3. I just looked up the measurements and the preout voltage is 3.8v with the medium gain settings. With the low gain setting you decrease it by -6dB giving you 1.9v which is still too high for the ZA3 if you ever were to turn the Gustard up...
  17. N

Amir measured the Aegir as having 280% headroom at 4ohm. The Aegir also has a gain of 22dB, so you likely never ran into clipping, and on top of that you had plenty of power for transients.
  18. N

Im not speaking in RMS values. With an amp like the ZA3 and many other class D amps you have to factor in that the rated RMS power is going to be near the dynamic or peak power.
  19. N

Regardless of whether you use them as monoblocks or not, keeping them in the "stereo" setting will give you better SINAD. Depending on what you consider low volume though, the ls50's require a lot of power. I would not power them with anything less than 200w a channel. Also remember class D amps...
  20. N

Sorry for the confusion, I was reading the amps clipping/protection back tracking as the measurement. :facepalm:
Top Bottom