Search results

1. A

My Beef with DeaDBeeF (Linux) - Batch Resampling is Incomplete

I'm good now. I can use DDBF to downsize the bit depth and Sound Converter to do the sample rate. As with many things on Linux, "where there's a will there is a way" ;)
  2. A

Thank you so much! Sound Converter did the sample rate conversion in batch format - in FLAC :D. My ffmpeg skills are not so good but that tutorial might be useful in the future, thanks.
  3. A

On Linux DeaDBeeF there is the handy function of transcoding your files to a different format. It can dither 24bit flac files to 16bit, however, I cannot figure out how to change the sample rate. This means I start with a 24/96 file and end up with a 16/96 file. The file size is about half...
  4. A

SMSL Sanskrit 10th MK II DAC Review

Tanquary with lime made me brazen tonight, so here is your money shot. Read it and weep: AKM 4493 chip with 4700uF caps :D (edit: it was purchased on le Bay. I am interested in trying out ABB sometime tho).
  5. A

I didn't open mine up but the box has an AKM logo on it. It could be that the Chinese companies had big stockpiles of chips. Whereas somehow Schiit didn't have their sh*t together. I notice that the Modius seems to have been raised in price from 199usd to 229/249usd. And was it always called the...
  6. A

For anyone considering this unit, my complaint about the lcd screen is minimal because you can set it to off mode. It's just that I think a good lcd screen is aesthetically pleasing and it is a missed opportunity. Not by default it doesn't, but that Hi-Res tutorial I linked says that it's...
  7. A

Yes, I have fiddled around with the conf file a fair bit, but from what I read the avoid-resampling option is glitchy. Theoretically it should work. https://linuxreviews.org/PulseAudio I was getting some choppy video and out of sync audio - all the while the LCD never changed from "44". At...
  8. A

I am using the S10thMkII on Manjaro Linux and here are my observations. Under PulseAudio and usb-mode the sampling rate seems to be locked to whatever the primary rate is set to. Sometimes a video I play will get glitchy (probably it is to do with 48k vs 44k audio). For now, I am using Toslink...
Top Bottom