Search results

1. A

Truthear Nova IEMs

got it , maybe its my ears .. In case of Red zero : I felt I was losing on bass without the 10 ohm plug, and when I added it .. it felt my treble was missing :) With the blue, it seeemd I had both. And when I came across the Nova , it was like .. hey this is just like blue and so much more...
  2. A

Truthear Nova IEMs

I bought all 3 , plugged in each physcailly into the amp and tried out each personally. I played my entire collection through all 3 of these .. And over a period of 6 months , I was able to come to the above conclusion. I got my Nova in Nov last year and the other Zeros before that. I dont use...
  3. A

Truthear Nova IEMs

ya, I have all three, Zero original, Zero red and the Nova for the sake of comparison. I know everyone has their own personal preference to the Harman curve...so my impression is : -Zero red is like a handicapped version of the original , either it will have treble or bass. Without the 10ohm it...
  4. A

Blacklisting Reviewers.

Found another , 1st I thought he was being funny/sarcastic and I went along. Then I watched a couple more since I thought it was a pretty funny as he said everything opposite. After 2-3 videos I realized he is not joking but is quite serious specially his IEM reviews. I tried out a couple of...
  5. A

Truthear Nova IEMs

I got all 3 - Zero, Zero Red and the Nova. I got the earlier two just to understand what "Amir approved" means and calibrate myself to ASR and how to interpret the Harman curve. I'm very happy with both the zeroes and now I can relate to those measurements. Then using those measurements as a...
  6. A

JDS Atom Amp 2 Headphone Amplifier Review

Why do u directly jump to the conclusion something is broken and needs a fix ? And people are so poor they cannot afford to buy a new 100$ DAC so they will look to customer support for fixing their "broken and so expensive 100$ DACs and amps" Sometime we need answers to questions like - why...
  7. A

KZ ZSX IEM Review

I found this also : https://www.headphonesty.com/2022/03/kz-fake-multi-driver-iem-scandal/ They packed in multiple drivers and claimed it to be multi driver iem but actually some of the drivers were not even wired. So it seems like a scam to claim higher number of drivers Edit: Found 1 more...
  8. A

Could we get a similar response from Topping ? I'd be pretty impressed if Mr Topping from China could answer similar queries in a similar manner
  9. A

Excellent track record for Topping , sounds good. I'd still stick to JDS based on their location and how easy it is to access them for queries
  10. A

Exactly , maybe the SINAD is a few notches lower than the Topping but can u beat the peace of mind you get from JDS
  11. A

LOL , sometimes there is common sense and simple approach to decision making Vs an overly complicated, time consuming, flawed BS approach like yours which takes things a bit to far. Step #1 : Apply your effort into what matters the most, compare the specs of JDS and Topping and decide is the...
  12. A

I don't know how long Chinese stuff will last , how good their customer support is. I googled a bit and some Topping stuff had issues with volume control. LCD screens , firmware etc. At least I won't buy stuff from a Chinese brand when I have the choice of JDS and the differences are not...
  13. A

Their customer support and level of interaction is amazing, John himself responds , they are very very helpful and answered all my queries. I got their El DAC II plus and the Atom Amp+ (Hevi) just last week. Those 2 ran a bit warm , so they best solution I found was to buy extra tall rubber...
  14. A

Poll: Do you like Harman In-Ear target curve?

A person won't know what an IEM sounds like till they hear it. But we can't go and buy every brand of IEM and figure this out on our own. Best approach is if the manufacturer measures it and plots a graph of the the specs against some "reference graph". This way when I look at it I know how...
  15. A

What headphone(s) do you own ?

I'll be trying out the Moondrops also .
  16. A

Master Thread: Are measurements Everything or Nothing?

Exactly !!! And I know what our subjective friends will say , there are generally 2 answers :) option-1 : Buy a new tube preamp every time , same way how a 5th grader would reply .. option 2- : I don't care , I'm ok with it , I have been ok with it for 15 years , same way how someone would reply...
  17. A

Ya, we all know that. 2 channel playback cannot simulate a LIVE show. Now moving on to the important part i.e. whatever was recorded by the artists and the sound engineers using whatever technology they had at that time and whichever way they setup their microphones originally I'd like to...
  18. A

Agreed completely. Either use accurate well engineered gear and try reproduce whatever is in the original recording and not in the LIVE performance. We are chasing what's on the recording , once we are able to reproduce in the original we either accept it or color it at home. We at least...
  19. A

There is , if the data on the FLAC or the CD did not get wiped out or distorted by some person who designed the amp or the DAC. If the AMP and DAC did not mess with the original data on the CD/FLAC then they are doing an accurate job. Which part of this you are not able to agree with ?
  20. A

You missed the point , you are wrong because you missed the problem statement entirely. People in this thread believe that perfect measuring gear will deliver the most accurate signal from the source. The more accurate , the closer we are to the original. The original could sound like crap...
Top Bottom