Search results

1. Fidji

Lyngdorf MP-40 2.1 AV Processor Review

The DR (Dynamic Range) is based on the difference between the average RMS (Root Mean Square, measures the average loudness) level and the maximum level (peak). It allows to represent the dynamics of a piece of music with values ranging from 1 to more than 20. Analyzed: Peter Gabriel / I/O (CD2...
  2. Fidji

Good enough for sound mould with Dynamic Range of 5dB, that we are being served last 20 years. [latest Atmos mixes being absolutley refreshing with DR of 11-15db]
  3. Fidji

During the most boring part of my day [my stationary bicycle morning routine for knee rehab] I have read through Lyngdorf manual [still better than to be exposed to news ;-) ] - do I understand it correctly that you really need to measure the distance manually? How is DSP delay of subs handled...
  4. Fidji

The whole discussion was more of a small talk, while he was setting up Altitude at my place. If I remember correctly, customer [super VIP for them] wanted to have only blue VU meters so they opted for McIntosh Processor. He was not complaining about the measurements as such, which I assume is...
  5. Fidji

Sorry for a noob question - just curiious. My integrator was rating Lyngdorf (I assume in its McIntosh iteration) as hardest and most time consuming to tune properly. As you have experiemce with multiple DRC systems (I assume) - what would be your opinion on ease of use, if you want to do real...
  6. Fidji

yes, Iwith Trinnov I have 9.8.7 setup combined atmos/auro layout and going for front wides was at 60dg was audible improvement over 7.x.x. Still 4 channels free, probably will do 9.10.9 :-),
  7. Fidji

I have considered Lyngdorf as one of the options. Deal breaker for me was seriously limited channel count. 12 (or 16 for MP60) is not enough for the market segment it is supposed to serve. 9.4.4 seems tp be healthy minimum today for high performance cinemas with 1-2 rows,
  8. Fidji

New Purifi amplifiers coming

Question - [probably not relevant for !ET400, as it has adequate PS with Hypex ones] but for 1ET7040 where Hypex PS are not adequate - is it possible to refurb/swap just the power supply without re-doing the whole amp [input buffers etc] BTW I am one of the people waiting for 1ET9040 module...
  9. Fidji

Trinnov Altitude 16 Review (AV Processor)

It still pays off to make every effort to place at least L-C-R properly. I have assymetrical room, and my LRS/Left Top Rear are 15 dg Off at 135dG. After couple of months I stopped using remapping. On the other hand, it still makes sense to have posititioning info available. BTW - I have...
  10. Fidji

Front wall vs back wall

Without knowing any details about your situation [actual room layout] and even more important aspect - how much do you want to commit to this new space my 2 cents. - what will define performance of you surround/HT is bass quality and screenside [l-c-r ]. While good surround is necessary for...
  11. Fidji

Front wall vs back wall

Do you face this choice in reality? Ot is it just intellecual experiment.
  12. Fidji

NAD M66 - finally someone makes a decent 2-channel preamp!

As per wide consensus on this forum - they do offer the same sonic performance. NAD offers couple of watts of more power. This extra watts translate to minuscule increase in max. SPL. But absolutely seriously meant question; Do you have any real life experience with DL ART? With some either...
  13. Fidji

Re Storm - this is the only real-life implementation now, as far as I know. I just wanted to offer real-life experience. That's all. I have no other stake in this discussion. NAD is not on my radar - I do not need BlueSound Node in nice case [which is basically what M66 is], I get similar...
  14. Fidji

WF is designed to serve a very specific market of purpose-built high-end home theatres - to be the best. You can still get very respectable results with an imperfect setup, but there are some minimum requirements that need to be met. So, as you rightly point out, DLART will be much more usable...
  15. Fidji

The bestiary of the most common (and debunked by science) audiophile myths

I would add two audiophile mythical creatures: - wife, able to hear smallest adjustment, while cooking in the kitchen - old friend, violin player, confirming whatever myth.
  16. Fidji

Good manners are in short supply lately, unfortunately So I will be bit more straightforward - heard BAcCh in its iteration with camera on very expensive system. After initial “wow” you realize, that it is just crosstalk cancelation. Headphones are better in achieving the same. Guy that owns it...
  17. Fidji

I am quite satisfied with my 24 ch multichannel music setup in professionally treated room with latest what DRC has to offer in form Waveforming. Anyway looking forward, to see BACCH implemented and adopted by mainstream. Strange thing is that none of the big boys acquired them yet, as it...
  18. Fidji

Surround recordings in appropriate quality and stereo - you can not even compare the level of immersion and realism. But at the end of the day - it,will be Apple and Amazon that decide which format will prevail. So I would place “we have 2 ears, so 2 channels are enough” up there with cables...
  19. Fidji

AIYIMA A70 Stereo Amplifier Review

For what it's worth. I can not take anybody speccing their amps at 10%THD seriously, why not 100%THD, you would get even more "watts" .... I just can not convince myself to get excited about this amp - it is cheap - cool. Better than other cheap chip amps - great. So what. looking beyond...
  20. Fidji

Bricasti M1SE Stereo DAC Review

Maybe bit of view from the other side - or how do you buy expensive audio. Disclaimer: I am fully aware of Topping/Gustards etc - I have/had couple of them e.g. serving as external DAC's for Trinnov AV processor [mostly as result of cable/rack management] So we start with this [euros]: 1) in...
Top Bottom