Search results

1. D

miniDSP 2.1 solution finder

I removed the sub and now it works, thank you for the suggestion. Was just busy throughout the week, so not much time to answer. yellow is now l+r+sub i think there is still some room for improvement. but i guess it´s as you said, nothing is perfect ;-) But i might turn my whole listening area...
  2. D

Yeah just didn't get the message, but now it seems to make sense, thanks again!
  3. D

i have now eq´ed left and right and the bass. And slightly increased the xo to prevent the boost at 70-80Hz becoming larger. Just don´t get the allign SPL button, as it gives me an error all the times no matter what measurements i select. But i guess it´s ok as it is, right now.
  4. D

Minidsp Flex Review (Audio DSP)

yes sure, i also contacted their support just to be sure the think everything is ok, so this is part of the response. "In the Flex series, we're indeed using the enclosure as a "heatsink" i..e chipsets directly connected to enclosure ... ... we've had these tested in lab in very hot temperature...
  5. D

It kinda is like it right now, classic triangle. Left is blue Right is green red is L+R Again, no equalizing done yet. As you can see the speakers are kinda level matched at around 75dB, but the red combined one is a few dB higher. Should now be reduced to match the 75dB? by reducing the gain...
  6. D

Or i need to solder my own suitable cable, would prefer to buy something suitable. But it seems there is no such thing available. Would be nice if minDSP would provide such a cable. By the way, does it make sense to EQ the combined measurement of the l and r channel? For the XO it makes sense to...
  7. D

as i have the balanced version, i have a TS to RCA adapter, where i have a Y-adapter cable going into the line in of the sub. I kind of tried to do what they recommend here. I used the TS as they say either way only tip and sleeve is connected? maybe that´s my problem. This is how it...
  8. D

I think i have a position right now that i am satisfied with (sound wise), for my speakers and my sub i guess all is good. No filters active right now, this is left and right together xo at 60Hz, sub was not measured here, but it´s running at -24dB (any other stetting it´s way too loud, still...
  9. D

And just today, came the new REW update, for the flex itself. Actually i am still playing around. Today with my left speaker, moved it from where it was, further away from the wall around 80cm from speaker to wall and from there closer towards the left wall, but not all the way (stopped at...
  10. D

Help with Decision: Purifi, Nilai, NC502MP or ?

interesting approach, thanks for sharing, will see where i end up with my speakers sounding the best, hopefully not in another room :-D Glad you´re happy with your setup now!
  11. D

I will read that again and try that these days. (thumbs up) And i found one mayor issue, as i was working with the MiniDSP default "96kHZ model" instead of the 2x4 HD type. That´s why REWs auto EQ only provided 5 filters instead of 10 possible ones. :facepalm: This is the result of a random...
  12. D

Teaser picture- identify this amplifier

wow, this thing looks much nicer from the inside than the outside, haha. I see there are quite a few of these amp being sold through ebay, some directly (maybe refurbished) from japan. Mostly in the range between 350-450 Euros, but you can even find some below 200 Euros. Oh i am tempted, but...
  13. D

Help with Decision: Purifi, Nilai, NC502MP or ?

Hi really nice and honest review. I am also trying getting used to the same amp, i guess the packaging is as it is, but seems to be stable enough. We also seem to have a similar setup, though i do have the miniDSP flex balanced (4V output). So i only use the 20.5dB gain setting. This info...
  14. D

Apollon Purifi vs Hypex

What is your impression is the main difference between both ?
  15. D

I am just experimenting with the switch settings for highs and bass on my mains and how they interact with my room. There is a bass boost switch at the back of my mains that i probably never used, result is visible in red, that seems to partially fill the gap between 50 and 100Hz, for my left...
  16. D

Thank you D!sco, for your effort and patience explaining all of this! This is great valuable Input!
  17. D

holy moly, that was really loud. I switched off the sub, until i figure out a fix for my problem. I just remeasured the mains with the crossover at 90Hz. I think this looks ok?!
  18. D

Ok i seem to have a problem here. Not sure why the bass is so super loud even though i put it´s volume to maybe just 25%, everything was shaking here. The issue i have is, the sub has a line in and a line out, as well as high level inputs. How do i connect the balanced miniDSP flex output...
  19. D

This is what i did within the miniDSP software for both mains and this is what i set up for the sub. this is really fun.
  20. D

ok this is unexpected. red was the old measurement, where left and right speaker were measured without any EQ. green is with EQ, it looks better throughout, but not a massive difference. i will cut off the main speakers now at 90Hz and introduce the sub.
Top Bottom